May 21, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - 24x7digital LLC today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of TeachMe: Kindergarten 2.1, an update to their popular children's learning game for the iPhone and iPod touch. TeachMe: Kindergarten is an educational app which teaches four different age appropriate subjects to kindergarten aged children: sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling.
TeachMe: Kindergarten is popular with parents because it is educational, and kids enjoy it because it is fun and engaging. The learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between four different topics so children don't get bored. In addition, TeachMe: Kindergarten has a unique reward system where children earn coins to buy stickers to place in different scenes or buy items for the new virtual aquarium. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed!
* Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 25 items)
* 5 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city
* Over 100 different stickers for adding to scenes
* Save learning information for up to four children
* Select which subjects are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
* Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
* Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
* Sight Words: Dolch Pre-K and Dolch K
* Addition: up to a total of 10
* Subtraction: from 10 down
* Spelling: complete words by finding the missing letter
TeachMe: Kindergarten keeps children motivated with a unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in five different colorful sticker scenes or to purchase items for a virtual aquarium. Reward scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
The new virtual aquarium reward adds a new dimension to the existing sticker scene rewards. Children can use their coins at the aquarium's fish store to purchase animated fish to put in their tank. They can also buy plants, gravel, centerpieces and fish food to add to their aquarium.
The achievement screen allows parents and children to easily see progress for each topic. Each topic has five levels represented by stars, along with a colorful progress bar which shows how close you are to achieving the next level. The screen also shows the number of learned questions and the number of correct answers per topic.
The teaching system quizzes on 10 questions at a time in each topic. A question is marked as learned once it is answered correctly two times in a row. When a question is learned, a new more difficult question becomes active. In this way a child progresses through each topic which can have between 55 and 94 different questions.
The math learning screens teach the concepts of addition and subtraction using an interactive interface. In the addition screen the child can tap a button to add the correct number of objects onto the screen, and then they can tap the objects to count them. In the subtraction screen the child drags objects into a trash can to remove them, and they can tap the remaining objects to count them.
New In Version 2.1:
* New Virtual Aquarium reward
* Parent can now set number of correct answers to learn a question
* Parent can advance child's level in any learning topic
* More difficult Sight Word choices
* Various minor bug fixes
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 10.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: Kindergarten 2.1 for iPhone and iPod touch is available for $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital's focus is developing high-quality, simple, and easy-to-use applications for the Mac and iPhone platforms. 24x7digital are also the creators of the highly rated HappyNewYear and HappyHolidays. Copyright 2002-2010 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.