June 6, 2010 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Chichester, UK - Independent developer Chris Mayer today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of three complete Xcode projects - Basic Book App for iPhone, Universal Basic Book App for iPhone and iPad, and Advanced Book App for iPhone. The 'Book' category is the fastest growing sector of the App Store. The iPhone and iPad have revolutionised the way people read. No longer are people carrying a book with them - they instead carry a whole library in their pockets.
Specifically designed to help authors publish their books on iPhone and iPad devices, these projects are ready-made Apps, just waiting for content to be loaded in HTML format. Anyone who can edit a HTML document can publish a book on iPhone. Pages can be created in any HTML editor such as Dreamweaver, and may use a variety of fonts and styles, as well as images within the pages.
* Supports standard HTML format pages, create using any popular webpage editor
* Include a variety of fonts and styles, and show images within your pages
* Loads audio for each page in .m4a, .mp3, or .wav format - for spoken pages or sound effects
* Saves progress through the book
* Flip pages forwards and backwards with the swipe of a finger
* 'Credits / How To Use' screen - accessable from an info button on the launch screen
* Heavily commented code - see exactly how it all works
The simplest and quickest way to create an iPhone and iPad app from a book. The Advanced Book Reader App features many enhancements, including animated page turns, automatic bookmarking, so when you launch the app you can continue reading from where you left off, as well as intuitive controls. Simply swipe the screen with a finger to flip between pages.
Pricing and Availability:
Three complete Xcode Projects made available to download for between $9 - $27 (USD). A video demo has been created to show how the Advanced Book App functions, and is available to view on the Chris Mayer's website.
Chris Mayer is an iPhone developer based in Chichester, UK. Chris has developed apps in a number of categories, mostly focusing on games, entertainment titles and books. Copyright (C) 2010 Chris Mayer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.