January 29, 2008 in Music and Recording (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Los Altos, CA - January 29, 2008 - RiffRumble VIII Online Song Contest: $4000 in Prizes for Songs Made with RiffWorks. Call for Entries: Prizes include a Taylor SolidBody Electric Guitar, a StompIO, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, and Recording Magazines.
Sonoma Wire Works(TM) announces RiffRumble VIII, an online song contest for RiffWorks(TM) recording software users. Entries will be accepted for two weeks: January 24 - February 6, 2008. Contestants will compete for $4000 in prizes including a Taylor Standard SolidBody Guitar, an IK Multimedia StompIO(TM) USB floor controller/audio interface, AmpliTube(R) Jimi Hendrix(TM) guitar amp and effects rig, Recording Magazine subscriptions, and more. Three contestants worldwide will win. There is no contest entry fee.
RiffRumble VIII celebrates the launch of RiffWorld.com(TM), an online community for RiffWorks users. RiffWorks includes automatic track creation, loop recording, guitar-oriented effects, professionally recorded drum loops, built-in online music collaboration, and instant podcasting Ð all rolled into the RiffWorld.com social networking site.
Three Categories to Win:
* Taylor's Choice: Song chosen by Taylor Guitars wins a Taylor Standard SolidBody guitar, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, Recording Mags & 2 InstantDrummer Sessions.
* Contestants' Choice: Song that receives the most votes from the contestants wins a StompIO, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, Recording Mags & 2 InstantDrummer Sessions.
* Popularity Choice: Song that receives the most votes from the public wins AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, Recording Mags & 2 InstantDrummer Sessions
RiffRumble VIII Prizes:
* Taylor Standard SolidBody Electric Guitar - designed entirely from the ground up, and features Taylor's own humbuckers, bridge, tone controls and body aesthetic. The Standard has a flame maple inset top and Florentine cutaway. http://www.taylorelectricguitars.com/Models/SolidBody/
* IK Multimedia StompIO(TM) USB floor controller and audio interface - gives you full control over the 5 current "Powered by AmpliTube" software/plug-ins (AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix(TM), Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Metal and AmpliTube 2 Live), with the same feeling of a traditional hardware floor processor. http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?stompio/index.php
* IK Multimedia AmpliTube(R) Jimi Hendrix(TM) - the first authentic software recreation of the complete guitar amp and effects rig of Jimi Hendrix. Includes models of extremely rare and collectible vintage stomp boxes, amp heads and cabinets. Powered by the AmpliTube 2 engine. http://www.amplitube.com/prod_ATJH.php
* RECORDING Magazine - The Magazine for The Recording Musician, now celebrating its 20th year. It offers readers a useful blend of topical articles, how-to columns, tough yet balanced reviews, interviews, and much more. http://www.recordingmag.com
* RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions - loop recordings of drummers in professional studios in the InstantDrummer format for easy manipulation by RiffWorks users. http://www.sonomawireworks.com/instantdrummer.php
How to Play:
* Record an original song in RiffWorks Standard or RiffWorks Line 6 Edition
* Submit one song to RiffRumble Jan. 24 - Feb. 6
* Contestants worldwide are eligible - you do not have to live in the US
* Voting Feb. 7 - Feb. 13
Contest Rules and Entry:
How to Easily Record a Song in RiffWorks
RiffWorks Won a Best in Show Trendsetter Award at 2008 NAMM Show!
RiffWorks Standard Pricing: $129
RiffWorks Standard is distributed to dealers worldwide by IK Multimedia.
Incorporated in 2003, Sonoma Wire Works develops high-quality, innovative products and services that help musicians enjoy playing, recording and sharing music. Headquartered in Los Altos, California, Sonoma Wire Works' development group has more than 25 years of audio engineering experience. Sonoma Wire Works products have received multiple editorial awards for performance and innovation. (C)2008 Sonoma Wire Works. All rights reserved. RiffWorks(TM), RiffWorld(TM), RiffLink(TM), RiffCaster(TM), and InstantDrummer(TM) are trademarks property of Sonoma Wire Works. AmpliTube(R) and StompIO(TM) are trademarks or registered trademarks property of IK Multimedia Production srl. Jimi Hendrix(TM) name used under license of Authentic Hendrix, LLC. (C) (TM) of Authentic Hendrix, LLC. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.