February 13, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - The recently released Mac OS X 10.5.2 (Leopard) upgrade caused the premiere password manager 1Password to stop functioning in Safari. Today, Agile Web Solutions announced that 1Password version 2.5.11 is now available to fix this issue, as well as adding support for the Firefox 3 nightly releases. This update is free to all 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most widely used password manager for Mac OS X (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iusethis).
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem" rated 4.5 out of 5 in August, 2007, and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award.
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology.
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities.
* A highly secure database to keep track of web site logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information.
What is new in Version 2.5.11?
* Enabled support for Safari in OS X 10.5.2
Safari was updated in the recent OS X 10.5.2 release from Apple and this new version of 1Password adds support for it.
* Improved 1Password for iPhone Logins
The recent 1Password for iPhone Logins announcement got every iPhone user excited that they could finally login to websites on their iPhones just as easily as they do on their Mac.
During development of the 1Password Logins for iPhone only a handful of sites could be tested. Immediately after the initial release, reports of web site specific problems started to be reported. This update addresses several of these problems.
* Added support for latest Firefox nightly builds
Recent changes in the Firefox 3 code base prevented 1Password from loading properly. This update adds support for the latest Firefox 3 nightly releases.
* Improved credit card fill rules
The Automated Form Filler has been updated to better handle the filling of Credit Card information on certain websites.
* Added support for user assignable restore form shortcut key in Firefox
Firefox users are now able to customize the keyboard shortcut used to invoke the Restore Form feature.
For full details about the new release, including the change log and screenshots, please visit the official company blog.
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A single-user license costs $29.95 USD and a family license is available for $39.95 USD. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.