February 1, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - Factorial today is pleased to announce the release of ClipTouch 1.1, a new version of their Final Cut Server client for the iPad. ClipTouch connects directly to any Final Cut Server without requiring any additional configuration, and lets you browse, share, collaborate, and present your media assets in a totally new way.
Browse, review and approve your video assets, taking advantage of the mobility of the iPad, and its unique Multi-Touch interface.
ClipTouch also supports playback of audio files including MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV and more. ClipTouch includes built-in preview of iPad supported image and document types including PDF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, Camera RAW, iWork, Microsoft Office, CSV, TXT, RTF and more. ClipTouch also allows you to send documents and images to other apps on your iPad.
Simplify your workflow by using iPad for review and approval, and avoid maintaining costly review workstations. Browse assets anywhere anytime over Wi-Fi, 3G and VPN. Edit metadata and change asset status to drive automations on your server. Archive and restore assets to any Final Cut Server archive device.
* Search and discover assets
* View clip proxies (supports the default Final Cut Server proxy setting)
* Supports HD clip proxies (iPad-optimised Compressor settings are available for download on our website)
* Clip timecode display
* Edit asset metadata
* Change asset status
* View and add Final Cut Server timecode-based annotations
* Listen to your audio assets
* Preview images (including PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and Camera RAW)
* Download and preview documents (including PDF, iWork, Microsoft Office, CSV, TXT, RTF)
* Send documents and images to other applications on your iPad
* Archive and restore assets to any Final Cut Server archive device
* Respects permission sets based on your login
* No server configuration required
* Supports direct and VPN network connections over Wi-Fi and 3G
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Final Cut Server v1.5.1 or later
* Access to server ports 8821 and 8826
* Access to the Internet
* Login defined on the server or in Open Directory (Active Directory is not supported)
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ClipTouch 1.1 is offered for a special promotion price of $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand, Factorial is an independent IT consultancy focusing on the Apple platform. We write software for Mac and iOS, we develop broadcast and post-production workflows. Copyright (C) 2011 Factorial Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.