March 29, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Cambridge, United Kingdom - Aptogo today is pleased to announce the release of 'Showtime Lite', a free version of their photo presentation app 'Showtime - free your photos!'. With Showtime Lite, a user can enjoy their iPhone and iPod touch photos on the big screen without the need for syncing or cables. Photos can be displayed on any browser-based device on the local WiFi network including a Mac/PC, internet TV or games console. The user can drive the presentation using the iPhone as a remote control or use the rich web interface.
Showtime Lite is fully-functional as a photo viewer and is ad-supported. Showtime Pro Edition adds features for serious iPhoneographers, including the ability to download and upload full-resolution photos and videos.
Showtime Lite features:
* View your iPhone photos on any browser-based device over WiFi
* View photos on Mac, PC, another iPhone/iPad, internet TV or games console (including the Nintendo Wii)
* No software is required to view photos, no syncing and no cables
* Use your iPhone as a remote control to drive the presentation
* Elegant Web 2.0 browser interface with rich animations, transitions and fades
* Choose from three browser themes
* View photo information (EXIF) in a floating panel with mini-map showing photo location
* View multiple photos side-by-side
* Use unique 'One-click' easy access to connect to iPhone without having to type in an IP address
Showtime Pro Edition includes these extra features for serious iPhoneographers:
* Download full-resolution photos and videos from your iPhone to a Mac or PC. EXIF data is kept intact
* Download multiple photos with one click
* Upload full-resolution photos to your iPhone from a Mac or PC. EXIF data is kept intact
* Drag and drop photos from Explorer/Finder or iPhoto straight into the browser interface to upload
What people are saying about Showtime Pro Edition:
'For quickly and easily transferring images to or from my iPhone, Showtime is my go-to app' - Marty Yawnick, iPhoneography community champion and blogger at LifeInLofi
'With this upgrade to version 2.0, Showtime is the best application of its kind on the iPhone' - Yann Lebecque, iCommePhoto
'Showtime [v1.0] by Aptogo is the app for a painless photo presentation' - AppAdvice
'For its ability to offer downloads and full-screen browsing, Showtime [v1.0] is a winner' - AppleTell
Showtime Pro Edition reached #1 Paid Photo App in the Netherlands soon after release and has been featured in the What's Hot Photography section of the App Store in the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.
* English, French and Spanish
* iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4.0 or later
* Supports both 3G & 3GS display and iPhone 4 Retina Display
* 4.5 MB
Pricing and availability:
Showtime Lite 2.0 is available worldwide for free through the App Store in the Photography category. Showtime Pro Edition is available for $1.99 (USD).
Aptogo was founded in 2009 by Robin Summerhill, who has worked as a technology consultant and developer in the mobile arena for over 10 years. Aptogo is a full-service design and development shop specializing in iPhone and iPad apps. The company develops for clients and also publishes software under its own brand with an emphasis on photography-related apps. Aptogo has also worked with publishers Focal Press and well-known photographer, Harold Davis, to develop iPad versions of their well-respected photography technique books. Copyright (C) 2011 Aptogo Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.