August 1, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Seattle, Washington - RogueSheep today is pleased to announce that their new Mac application Instaview is now available on the Mac App Store. Instaview brings a new opportunity for Mac users who wish to immerse themselves within the ever-growing Instagram community.
"We're excited by Instaview's ability to show anything from a single large window showing a user's own feed in a beautiful frame to a dozen small slideshows showing all manner of streams with no frames at all." said RogueSheep co-founder Matt Joss. "We feel Instaview provides an unparalleled experience for members of the Instagram community."
Instaview allows users to create one or more stream windows showing Instagram photos. The stream shown in each window is configurable as well as the size and frame of the window itself. Streams can display their photos either in an automatic slideshow mode or by direct user navigation. Controls on the window overlay allow users to browse information about the photo including the location, contributor, caption, timeframe of the photo, number of likes and comments.
Popovers can be shown to show the list of comments or people who have liked a particular photo as well as contributor information such as the followers or people another contributor is following. Instaview users can also like and comment on photos as well as follow other contributors within these popovers.
* Popular, My Feed, My Photos, My Liked, Location, User and Tag streams
* Photo details including likers, comments, location, and timeframe
* Rollover overlay for photo information
* Ability to like or comment on photos
* Ability to follow or stop following other contributors
* Customizable frames ranging from no frame to frames showing photo details
* Over 25 built-in geographic locations with ability to create custom location streams
* Optional tracking of unviewed photos
* Optional badging of the dock icon for unviewed photos
* Ability to create stream URLs to share with other Instaview users
* Slideshow mode for each stream window with configurable options
* Customizable interface (window selection, double-click behavior, badging, etc)
* Compatible with 64-bit Macintosh
* Requires OS X Snow Leopard or later
* 3.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Instaview 1.0 is available at the introductory price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and obtainable worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Social Networking category.
RogueSheep is a Seattle-based software development company that provides innovative and elegant software applications for the iOS and Mac OS platforms. Creators of the 2009 Apple Design Award winning application Postage, RogueSheep consistently delivers stand-out software products to their customers. Copyright (C) 2011 RogueSheep Incorporated. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod. iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.