August 10, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Brewster, New York - goGlyph, Inc today is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of the groundbreaking goGlyph, the geo-location based messaging application for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Version 1.1 brings a number of enhancements and a brand new groundbreaking function; Discovery.
Discovery allows users to see who is active, right now, worldwide, or, at user choice, within, 100, 10 or 1 kilometers or only 100 or 10 meters of their current location. You can now tag active users worldwide and send them a direct message simply because they are currently active. Direct messages are private and can be sent to any active scribe. They don't need to be a friend or a follower. Discovery allows you to see if there is activity at a favorite location or find a new favorite location and make a new friend!
Users can toggle their discovery status from active (username shown), to stealth (hidden username), to totally hidden. You can make new friends and exchange messages with just them, in addition to the capability to leave location based messages. Version 1.1 allows users to add shared locations from the hot featured location list. See what people are saying at these featured spots.
* Auto location updates with color code prompt to refine location accuracy
* User editing of favorites and shared sites
* Message posts show the direction of posts relative to user location
* Active scribes at your favorite locations are highlighted in your discovery list
* Enhanced map feature showing the location of individual active scribes
* Direct messaging to active scribes
* User controlled discovery radius
* Enhanced database access
* User controlled message radius
* Save favorite locations
* Share locations with friends
* 250 character messages with web link
* Place units allow posts to be moved to the top of the list
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 0.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
goGlyph 1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Available on the itunes app store or as an upgrade to current scribes.
Located in Brewster, New York/USA, goGlyph was founded in 2010 to create location based applications for mobile IOS devices. All Material and Software (C) 2010-2011 goGlyph, Inc / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.