October 30, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of iArchiver 1.4.1, an archiving and file compression utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. iArchiver is a utility application that creates, opens and converts archives using drag and drop. With iArchiver, users can archive and backup their files in popular formats such as 7zip, Zip and DMG.
In addition, iArchiver opens and converts a broad spectrum of file formats including Rar, StuffIt, DMG, Zip and 7zip. The new version ships with a French localization as part of the company's global expansion plans, and following popular demand from users in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and other French speaking countries.
"We receive a lot of requests by existing users and potential new customers, so by internationalizing our applications we aim to strengthen our customer base as well as reach a wider audience," Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operational Officer at Dare to be Creative explains the strategy.
Localizations for Spanish, Italian and Russian are planned for October 2008. iArchiver is the second application to be released with a French localization, following the release of ResizeMe earlier this week. Localizations for Spanish, Italian and Russian are planned for November 2008.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Create Zip, 7zip (.7z), DMG, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, Z, and CPIO files
* Encrypt and password-protect Zip and 7zip archives
* Extract Rar, 7zip (.7z), Zip, DMG, StuffIt (.sit), BinHex (.hqx), MacBinary (.bin), Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, Z, CPIO, ARJ, RPM, PAX, LhA (.lha, .lzh), ADF, Cabinet (.cab), ARJ and ACE files
* Convert between the above archive formats for example from Rar to Zip or from StuffIt to 7zip
* Available languages: English, German
* Quick drag-and-drop extract via the dock and Finder toolbar
* Encrypt and decrypt Zip and 7zip archives
* In-place extract to emulate the built-in Mac OS X behavior
* Option to ignore Mac-specific files for added compatibility when sharing archives with Windows and Linux users
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
iArchiver is $26 (USD), and available as a free download from the iArchiver website. It runs initially in a 15-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free update for registered iArchiver users.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, d) ResizeMe, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, and e) Dragoman, a batch file converter for images, photos, music, text documents and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved.