October 20, 2011 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Dresden, Germany - Jack Keane sails into the Mac Appstore. Cartoon adventure "Jack Keane" is now available at Apples Mac Appstore. Originally developed by Deck 13, makers of the highly decorated "Ankh" series of adventures, "Jack Keane" has been remastered for Intel only machines by Runesoft and can now be bought in fully english, german and french localized versions at USD 19,99.
Join Jack who is sent out on a mission to prevent madman, Doctor T., from destroying the world's supply of tea. Travel across the globe and cope with man-eating plants, warm beer, and an army of bomb-dropping chimpanzees. With an outrageous assortment of characters, clever inventory puzzles, and colorful 3D graphics, adventure game fans will have hours of fun discovering such quirks as all the possible uses for a monkey skeleton and a magnetic fishing rod!
The press about Jack Keane:
* "Jack Keane is a very respectable adventure, and there's definitely plenty of it. We like point-and-click games, and we like Jack Keane" - Games Radar
* "Resemblances to LucasArts' classic Monkey Island games are entirely intentional, with Jack taking part in a screwball escapade that gets progressively zanier as you unravel the mystery of Doctor T's fiendish plot. You'd have to be pretty hard-hearted not to enjoy Jack Keane." - Game Spot
* "What a treasure! Deck 13 have created a wonderful adventure with Jack Keane, that comes with many highlights. The plot is ludicrous and entertaining; you will quickly be enamored with the characters and the whole presentation is cinematic!" - Mac Life
About Jack Keane:
Colonial England. Under a certain amount of... duress... Jack takes on a job which will not only cause him a great deal of trouble, but also bring to light the answer to a mystery out of his distant past. A lack of money leads Jack to accept a charter to take a British secret agent to mysterious "Tooth Island". When Jack's ship shatters on the mysterious island's cliffs on arrival and the secret agent quickly becomes a meal for a monster in the jungle, Jack is soon left to cope with the situation on his own.
"Tooth Island" is ruled by the strange Doctor T, who is cultivating man-eating plants and has his own dastardly plans for the British Empire. And why does he seem to know Jack, who can't remember ever having been on Tooth Island? What are Doctor T's plans? And what does he know about Jack's past?
And then there's the young and naive Amanda, who is filled by an almost fanatical drive to prove her worth. In the beginning the young lady is employed by Doctor T, and part of her task is to track Jack down and take him prisoner. It doesn't take long before she begins to wonder if she is really on the right side, or if she shouldn't join her opponent, the charming Captain Jack, instead.
A hair-raising hunt across the length and breadth of the dangerous island finally airs the mystery surrounding Jack's past and leads to a spectacular showdown with a dark and deadly enemy and his nefarious henchmen.
* 15 different locations and lots of sub-locations
* More than 250 different objects which can be used, combined and exchanged
* Dozens of zany characters
* Cinematic storytelling with scads of cut scenes
* Easy entry into play and loads of playing fun right from the start
* Jam-packed with humour
* Perfect orchestral background
* Based on the renowned PINA technology used in "Ankh"
* Play as Jack or Amanda
* Full screen effects, including glow, depth of field and motion blur
* Soft-edged shadows
* Various particle effects
* Dynamic lighting
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 1.27 GB
Pricing and Availability:
Jack Keane 1.0 is $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Games category.
Runesoft GmbH was founded in Tubingen, Germany in the year 2000. The focus of Runesoft is to port popular computergames to alternative computer systems such as the Apple Macintosh and Linux. Copyright (C) 2000-2011 Runesoft All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.