OfficeTime Update for iPhone and iPad Tracks Time Better
November 7, 2011 in Productivity
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - OfficeTime.net has released an update to its iOS 5 compatible version of OfficeTime for iPhone and iPad. OfficeTime, the highly successful time and expense tracking app, now enables users to quickly see the chosen hourly rate on the Session screen while the Lite version displays the project timer at the bottom of the home screen. These updates, along with others, are in response to user requests to be able to check at a glance the time and rate being applied to a particular project.
OfficeTime is designed to balance features and ease-of-use, enabling users to easily track exactly what they do each day and how much they spend. The company is so confident in OfficeTime that it is offering a full money-back guarantee if the app doesn't pay for itself by registering more time than the user otherwise would have logged and invoiced.
Ideal for anyone who bills by the hour, OfficeTime makes recording and tracking time and expenses simple with a clean, elegant interface. The iPhone and iPad versions focus on ease-of-use, recognizing that if time tracking is simple to do, users will be more likely to take the time to do it. OfficeTime takes great care to minimize how many finger taps it takes to do something. For example, it can preselect the most common task for a project, allow one tap entry of common notes, and let users edit anything they can see, even in a report, with a tap.
The iOS version of OfficeTime includes most of the features available in the desktop versions, including:
* One-touch Reports - with a simple tap, users get instant access to information on time and expenses for each project, and compare the activities of the current month to previous ones.
* Tools for freelancers and contract employees - freelancers can quickly track their billable hours and spot-check to see how they stack-up against a fixed cost estimate and employees can easily track and report their productivity.
* Team Reporting - Employees' recorded time and expenses can be synced from their iPhones or iPads to their Macs or PCs and combined with the entire team's data to produce cross-team reports on who did what and which projects are under or over budget.
* Wireless Sync - Time and expenses can be entered in the desktop or mobile version, and OfficeTime will automatically synchronize the data.
* Export to Excel or Numbers - Any report, any screen can be easily exported by e-mail
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 4.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
OfficeTime for iPhone and iPad is available in the App Store for US$7.99, while the PC and Mac versions can be purchased at OfficeTime.net for US$47. Unlike web-based time-tracking applications, OfficeTime does not require a monthly subscription fee.
OfficeTime was established in 2003 as a spin-off from Transcena Design of Edmonton, Canada. OfficeTime was developed in response to Transcena's urgent need for an easy-to-use, effective, time-tracking application. Designed and continually improved by the same developers who were relying on it every day, OfficeTime was an immediate success when released to the public. Copyright (C) 2011 OfficeTime. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.