January 14, 2012 in iOS Development (F)
Considering the advantages of creating a mobile app in Phone gap, They worked on creating a Notes app for iPhone using this framework. They mostly had all the fields available with third party controls, so it took us very less time to make the app work. But the issues related to performance turned out to be a major ship stopper. They noticed a lag in performance when drawing the Inking, or fetching the screenshot of a typed URL.
5 points that can quickly help you decide:
* Startups in industries like fashion, photography, and medicine and so on, planning to build consumer apps and looking for processing intensive apps that require functionalities like resizing the images, cropping them and storing them in different sizes; for this target group we recommend using native code.
* If you absolutely require a neat interface flow that makes good smart phones such a joy to use, you must go with native app development as HTML 5 based apps run the risk of feeling jerky.
* PhoneGap is also not recommended for apps that require functionality that makes lots of calls to the OS such as geo location.
* On the other hand, PhoneGap is highly recommended for those looking for more cost effective cross platform development. Such apps are faster to market, easier to repurpose, relies on less costly, less specialist skills for implementation, and better suited to existing work flows in design / technology agencies.
* For beginners starting from scratch, learning development in PhoneGap is no easier than starting to learn for native Android, iPhone, Windows phone, Symbian or any other.
What they advice
As clearly evident from this discussion, there are pros and cons to each approach. As a Company, they will continue using a mix of both approaches and take a decision based on the requirement of the app.
Applications that rely heavily on phone building hardware is better to be written in native code, it makes the app perform better and nothing beats native code in compatibility.
Although Web technologies haven't achieved the level of performance they can attain with native code, but it's getting close. They're hopeful that Web technologies will soon become indistinguishable from native experiences.
For more information on iPhone and Android Application please visit the website.
Located in Panchkula, India, Intelligaia Technologies have been creating innovative, high-quality web applications for over 11 years. They create usable software products transcending technologies, devices and culture. The Intelligaia team is a dedicated pool of talented IT and creative professionals equipped with sound knowledge, rich experience and sound logic. This blend comes from diverse backgrounds, education in leading technical institutes, and track records from association with leading IT companies. Copyright (C) 2011 Intelligaia Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.