January 16, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Blacksburg, Virginia - St. Clair Software today is happy to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.4.8. This release reintroduces contextual menus in file dialogs and fixes compatibility issues in its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. Honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should."
Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.4.8:
* Default Folder X adds contextual menus in all Open and Save dialogs. Right-click or Control-click on any file in a file dialog to rename, delete, get info, or zip it
* Default Folder X once again enhances all Open and Save dialogs in Google Chrome
* A bug was fixed so that file dialogs no longer hang when you use OS X's New Folder dialog
* Default Folder X will no longer go to the wrong folder when the original is not available
* The path popup menu no longer overlaps the Spotlight search field in some Open dialogs
* Fixed a problem that prevented Default Folder X from opening its preferences on some machines
* DesktopShelves and QuickTime Player X are now supported
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 (Lion)
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.4.8 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
St. Clair Software, based in Blacksburg, VA, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, P.O. Box 10184, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0184, USA.