October 26, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Santa Monica, California - Mojo Masks has been unleashed in the App Store and people's iPad, iPhone and iPod touch will never be the same. The new app, which delivers the magic of Hollywood - including performance capture and facial animation - allows users to add cool digital masks and facial effects to their face. Within seconds, users can take photos or videos of themselves (or faces anywhere) in character, then share with friends via email and MMS, or online through social networks - including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube - all from their iPad or iPhone. Mojo Masks makes its debut just in time for Halloween and the holiday season.
"Mojo Masks is incredibly easy to use, no special skills required at all. It is the only iPhone or iPad app able to add these digital effects to video. It's going to be more fun than anyone's ever had with a smartphone or tablet camera," said Robert Gehorsam, CEO of Image Metrics, the developer behind Mojo Masks.
How Mojo Masks Works:
* Step One: The user simply custom-fits his/her face (or the face of an unsuspecting friend) using either the front or the rear-facing camera on the iPad or iPhone. (This takes less than 10 seconds and requires nothing more than looking straight into the camera. No smile required.)
* Step Two: Users scroll through the Mojo Masks gallery and select from one of the ultra-cool digital facial effects. There are a wide variety of masks and effects to choose from, including monsters, animals, face paint, glowing eyes and tattoos.
* Step Three: Mojo Masks automatically activates and the user's every facial expression and movement is tracked in real-time (this is the Hollywood magic).
* Step Four: Imagination is the only limit! Users can record, preview, save and share their masterpieces with friends via email and MMS or online through social networks - including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube - all from their iPad or iPhone.
Tips To Get You Started In Mojo Masks:
* Planning a Halloween party? Use the rear-facing camera on your tablet or smartphone to take pictures of guests as they arrive. You can let them pick their own facial effects. Share party photo galleries with friends on Facebook, Tweet arrivals or email to friends.
* Channel your inner Spielberg and create a 30-second video (in character of course) to entertain friends and family. You can even launch your own film festival.
* Voice mail and texting are so yesterday. Why not Mojo Masks a video message instead? (Besides, people will think you are so adorable).
To learn more about the Mojo Masks app or to view a demonstration video, please visit the Mojo Mask site, follow us on Twitter (@mojomasks) or like us on Facebook.
Mojo Masks: Brought To You By Image Metrics
The developer of Mojo Masks, Image Metrics, was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in the field of computer vision with numerous patents held in facial recognition, analysis and animation technologies. Image Metrics proprietary algorithms capture, recognize and analyze nuanced facial expressions and emotions in real-time using nothing more than a standard webcam, allowing companies to add compelling new consumer experiences to their products.
In addition to creating its first app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Image Metrics also licenses powerful SDKs, including Live Driver, its real-time facial animation technology, and PortableYou (TM), its avatar creation platform. The company's integrations include Sony Online Entertainment's MMORPG EverQuest II.
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Non-Retina, Retina and Retina 4 displays
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 45.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Mojo Masks 1.0 is free to download in the App Store and comes fully loaded with five custom facial effects, including Dia de Muertos, clown, tiger, white-out eyes and vampire. Five premium packs also will be available for in-app purchase, including Monsters, Animals, Face Paint, Masks and digital eye effects. For more information or to request a demo, please visit the Image Metrics web site.
Image Metrics is headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., with a Research Lab in Manchester, U.K. Copyright (C) 2012 Image Metrics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.