Chris Knight - Acutus Trading Ltd.
Pocket Informant Pro 2.6 for iOS: Best-Selling Calendar and Task Manager
December 7, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Cedar Park, Texas - WebIS today is pleased to announce Pocket Informant Pro 2.6 for iOS, a major update to their PIM (Personal Information Manager) app, which includes a new Setup Assistant for first time users and native support for iOS Reminders in iOS 6. One of the most sophisticated products of its kind, its clean, colorful, ringed binder design offers an integrated Calendar and Task solution. The app allows unprecedented customization, and allows users to change virtually every feature to suit their preferences. The all-in-one, work and personal organizer includes looseleaf-notebook section dividers with tabs for Daily Calendars, Monthly Calendars, Tasks & Events, Contacts, and Notes. Pocket Informant can access iOS Calendar, syncs with Google Calendar, Google Tasks, Toodledo, and offers an optional service called Pocket Informant Online as an in-app purchase, which enables cloud-based sync between devices. Also available is Pocket Informant 2.6 for iPhone and iPod touch.
WebIS today is pleased to announce Pocket Informant Pro 2.6 for iOS, a major update to their PIM (Personal Information Manager) app, which includes a new Setup Assistant for first time users and native support for iOS Reminders in iOS 6. One of the most sophisticated products of its kind, its clean, colorful, ringed binder design offers an integrated Calendar and Task solution. The app allows unprecedented customization, and allows users to change virtually every feature to suit their preferences. The all-in-one, work and personal organizer includes looseleaf-notebook section dividers with tabs for Daily Calendars, Monthly Calendars, Tasks & Events, Contacts, and Notes. Pocket Informant can access iOS Calendar, iOS Reminders, syncs with Google Calendar, Google Tasks, Toodledo, and offers an optional service called Pocket Informant Online as an in-app purchase, which enables cloud-based sync between devices. Also available is Pocket Informant 2.6 for iPhone and iPod touch.
* Integrated Calendar, Tasks, Events, Notes, Contacts, and Search
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* New Setup Assistant for first time users makes it easy to start using PI right away
* Customizable Settings
* Category Colors and Icons
* Over the air sync
* Push Notifications of Alarms
* Supports iOS Reminders natively on iOS 6
On launch in portrait or landscape orientation, Pocket Informant Pro opens to reveal a virtual pocket organizer with ten small black rings holding a limitless number of pages. The white pages are uncluttered, with black and gray text and highlights. The entire app is effectively color-coded, and small color accents appear on each page. There are six different tabbed section dividers stacked vertically along the far right. Touching any one immediately opens the left and right pages of the corresponding section, bringing that tab to the forefront.
From top to bottom the red tab opens the Appointment Book/Calendar for Today; the cyan tab opens the Appointment Book/Calendar for the Future (30 years); the violet tab accesses the Tasks & Events Scheduler; the green tab lets the user make and view Notes, including Voice Notes; the yellow tab corresponds to all Contacts; and the gray tab open the app's numerous Settings. Every page in every section contains a text Search field and a variety of function buttons in the top tab bar.
* Pocket Informant Pro is a universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch
* Add Events easily with just a few taps of a button
* Create custom calendars to aid in your personal organization
* Choose from Year, Month, Week, Day, List and Today views - each view is customizable to your specifications
* Swipe between Days, Weeks and Months
* New, completely rewritten Day View with new look and ability to expand or compact the day times
* Jump-to-date function allows you to quickly access any chosen date without endless scrolling - simply double-tap the calendar icon in the tab bar
* Filter your Events per view
* Comprehensive collection of icons available for your Events
* Create a template from a frequently occurring Event to streamline your data management
* Swipe to Action allows you to swipe an Event, and choose to share, edit, make a template from, or delete your Event
* Location mapping available for your Event at the touch of a button - supports multiple location bookmarking, plus new Foursquare-based location search
* Alarms for your Events - choose to add just one, or many, depending on your needs
* Supports repeating Events
* Attach Contact information to an Event for easy reference
* Add Attendees to share your Event with others
* Attach photos to your Event
* Highly configurable Tab Bar allows you to choose which features are on your home page, and then easily swipe between feature tabs
* Desktop and Color Themes to further customize your Pocket Informant Pro
* Choose between Simple, Standard, Franklin Covey, or GTD Tasks modes
* Task Grouping, plus new grouping in descending or ascending order
* User-defined Smart Groups allow you to create task groups with your one specific criterion
* New Contacts Groups can be created, deleted, and contacts can be assigned to groups and shown by group
* Sub-Task support to allow for detailed definition in your task management
* Pre-made filters to quickly find Active, In Progress, Due, Un-Dated, and Overdue
* Completed and Completed Today Tasks
* Assign a Tag to your task for easy sorting and searchability
* Have a frequently occurring Task? - create a Template for quick and easy task entry
* Assign a priority to your Task to keep you on the path to getting things done
* Completion Percentage Slider allows you to see at a glance how much of your Project or Task is completed
* Assign actions to your Tasks to keep you on track
* Location-based alerts for Tasks - receive an audible alert when in the vicinity of your task - supports multiple location-based alerts
* Alarms for your tasks - choose to set single or multiple alarms, depending on your needs, plus new snooze Task and Event alarms
* Icons available for at-a-glance reference, plus new, improved visuals throughout
* Photo and Contact linking, plus new Photo Viewer for photo attachments
* Swipe to Action allows you to easily star, share via email, edit start/end date, delete, or make a template from your task
* New, Bluetooth headset support for voice notes
* Record Voice Notes for hands-free access
* Text notes with unlimited character capabilities
* Share your notes via email and sync, plus new, improved sync efficiency for large datasets
* Pre-made Notes filters for easy searchability
* Swipe to Action allows you to swipe a Note and choose to star, share via email, or delete
"Pocket Informant is an application that combines the elements needed to manage your day, eliminating the 'app shuffle.' Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and Notes, beautifully and functionally integrated to allow ease of management" commented Alex Kac, Founder and CEO of WebIS, Inc. "We support several sync options to allow for backup and sharing of your data, including our own in-house sync service, Pocket Informant Online. Pocket Informant has been created for extreme customization, allowing the user to change just about everything to suit their specific needs. If you can see it on your screen, most likely you can customize it. Because of the customization, Pocket Informant appeals to a wide range of user types, from the very detail oriented person, to the one who just needs some extra organization."
* U.S. English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, and Turkish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 23.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Informant Pro (Universal) is $14.99 (USD), and it is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Pocket Informant for iPhone/iPod touch is $9.99. Pocket Informant Go! (Universal) is $4.99, and it is a simplified version with Calendar and Simple Tasks only. Review copies are available on request.
Purchase and Download
Pocket Informant Go!
Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, WebIS, Inc. is a privately funded Corporation founded in 1997 by Alex Kac. WebIS has focused on the Mobile PDA and Smartphone market since August of 2001 and quickly rose to become one of the top ten developers by sales for mobile devices shortly thereafter. WebIS is a group of people dedicated to providing quality products, which meet the highest standards, to improve our customers' lives. They have a reputation for innovative, well-planned, and usable design, striving always to do the right thing. They are a dynamic and fluid company, which allows them to make decisions not bound to rigid policy. Copyright (C) 2012 WebIS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.