January 3, 2013 in Medical (E)
[prMac.com] Lagos, Portugal - Silicon Studios announces an update to their Medical app, Assistance 2.5 for iOS. Assistance allows users to quickly and easily access first aid information from anywhere using an interactive assistant. The app describes the first aid procedures for more than 200 emergency situations and the user can always count with the interactive assistant for a more specific and direct help. For an even more descriptive information the developers integrated 100 beautiful illustrations in the app.
Assistance also uses the device GPS to provide a quick direct phone connection to local emergency numbers around the world. The update adds first aid procedures for Asthma Attack, CPR for infants over 1 year, and Recovery Position for infants under 1 year. Assistance has been in the App Store since 2009 and has been in the Top Ten of Medical Apps in the USA.
New in Assistance 2.5 is support for the taller iPhone 5 screen and retina graphics providing clear and crisp graphics on the most recent iOS devices. Full support for iOS 6 is included in the update.
* An interactive assistance that helps the user according the emergency situation
* 100 illustrations
* Uses the device GPS to provide a quick direct phone connection to local emergency numbers
* Integrates Feeds from WHO - World Health Organization
* More than 200 situations are described:
* Asthma Attack
* Myocardial infarction
* Cerebral hemorrhage
* Sting poisoning
* And more
* Recovery Position
* Recovery Position for infants with less than 1 year
* CPR for Infants with less than 1 year
* CPR for Infants with more than 1 year
* Rautek's Key
* Helmet Removal
* How to evaluate and open the airway
* What to say when calling the emergency number
* Transporting the victim
* Childhood diseases
* Vaccines schedule
* Common infant problems
"Assistance for iOS is a user friendly first aid app," commented Founder Nuno Pereira. "With Assistance users can easily access first aid info in a more convenient and direct way."
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* 3.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Assistance 2.5 is $0.99 (USD) and available through the App Store in the Medical category.
Silicon Studios is a new generation global company focused on development for Apple technologies, founded in Portugal by Nuno Pereira. With a strong blend of design and development skills, Silicon Studios' mission is to craft outstanding, unique applications for the iOS and OS X platforms. Copyright (C) 2013 Silicon Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.