March 21, 2014 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Cupertino, California - UK-based, Prospect Training Services (PTS) has developed iObserve, a new app that enables teachers, coaches and assessors to record audio of their students', learners' or organisations' training or assessment sessions, with instant time stamping to mark exactly when any criteria, standards, or benchmarks have been met or any key points made.
iObserve has been dubbed the ultimate observation and assessment tool for trainers, assessors or teachers who need to assess and evidence that students have or have not achieved set criteria. It will also be of interest to anyone who needs a permanent recording of any training or meeting with the ability to bookmark specific points and review them at a later time. iObserve has five main features allowing users to:
* Record - using the audio recording device on iPad or Android tablets, the user records the audio of any observation, meeting or professional discussion. Recording via video is in development and will soon be available as a free update.
* Assess - the user adds assessment criteria, standards or milestones to the system. During the observation, with a simple press of a button, the recording is time stamped showing exactly when the criteria or standard has been met.
* Review - the user can replay the entire recording or jump to any point they want to review. A list of time stamps and criteria met is automatically created and can be replayed and reviewed with a simple press of a button.
* Declare - to finish the observation process, a declaration form is automatically created for the observer and student to sign, which can be both printed and stored electronically.
* Save - the observation is saved to your device for you to transfer to your desktop, folder or preferred storage device at a convenient time.
These steps save the user time and unnecessary paperwork - everything needed for observing can be done with just a few clicks of a button.
Dan Pinnell, Director of Prospect Training Services, said: "As an education and training provider, Prospect Training Services understands the busy and often stressful working lives of teachers, tutors, coaches and assessors. We saw a need in the education market for an observational tool aimed at education professionals and decided to create one. iObserve can save people time and money, in fact iObserve can save you on average 1 hour per observation. iObserve makes the observation process a hassle-free, quick and easy task, cutting out laborious and time-consuming written note-taking and report writing."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 15.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iObserve 1.0.0 is $74.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Utilities category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
Headquartered in the UK, Prospect Training Services is a caring and effective training provider committed to delivering a full range of training to the highest quality in order to meet the needs of its worldwide customers. The company aims to achieve and maintain a high standard of quality in all aspects of its operations and continually exceed expectations in all services offered. iObserve is the latest in a suite of innovative apps Prospect Training Services has developed, responding to the needs of its customers and markets in which it operates. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Prospect Training Services. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.