July 25, 2014 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Cowden, United Kingdom - Paul Gee today is proud to announce the release of WhoNews 3.5.2. The latest version of the #1 Doctor Who news app includes a brand new user interface with website previews, dynamic backgrounds and new iPad newspaper-like layout. WhoNews collates the latest news on Doctor Who from over 140 of the top Doctor Who websites, blogs, podcasts and artists every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.
WhoNews and WhoNews Lite (the free ad-based version) brings the latest news from over 140 of the top Doctor Who websites in one easy to use application.
WhoNews keeps fans up to speed with very latest news on the Doctor's adventures in time and space. As the new series of Doctor Who launches in August and the Doctor Who team embark on a world tour, there has never been a better time to download WhoNews.
With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world's oldest science fiction TV series. WhoNews checks the top news sites including the official BBC sites, Facebook page as well as Kasterborous and the hugely popular Peter Capaldi News every 15 minutes for new articles.
Paul Gee, developer of WhoNews, said, "It's amazing to think that nearly 5 years on WhoNews is still the number one Doctor Who news app and has become a part of the daily routine for thousands fans all across the world. In that time over 95 million news notifications have been sent and over 68,000 tweets sent via the @Who_News twitter account. It is solely down to the passion and energy of the fans that WhoNews can deliver fresh content everyday."
The original and most comprehensive Doctor Who news apps is available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.
WhoNews for iOS includes the following features:
* One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch buy once and use on all your devices
* Most recent news, blogs, podcasts and special/art views - time ordered and drawn from over 140 websites
* Dedicated Official Doctor Who stream - tracks multiple BBC sites and Facebook
* News is downloaded in bulk from over 140 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access
* Email/SMS/iMessage and post articles to Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Evernote, Tumbler, Pinboard, Pocket, Readibility, Diigo and Vkontakte
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (5th generation) and all iPad devices
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 21.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WhoNews 3.5.2 is available in the App Store for $0.99/0.69 GBP. WhoNews Lite 2.5.2 is free to download and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category. For more information visit their website, or follow on twitter @Who_News.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. In 2013 Paul developed the official BBC Doctor Who: EyeStalk app transforming the camera on iOS devices into the EyeStalk of a Dalek. Copyright (C) 2014 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.