September 4, 2014 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan - Ohanaware Co., Ltd. today is thrilled to announce the release and immediate availability of Backup To Go 1.1, an update to their file backup tool for Mac OS X. The application has been designed to simplify the process of backing up important files and folders to disks, that can easily be taken with the user. These include USB sticks/thumbdrives, SD Cards and external Hard Disks.
When a backup disk is connected, Backup To Go can automatically perform the backup. On a successful backup, Backup To Go will auto eject the backup disk. In most cases a backup simply requires the user to connect the disk, and upon completion, they unplug the disk and take it away with them. Backup To Go utilizes the latest techniques and Apple technology to ensure that it uses zero energy while idle, which is beneficial to laptop users.
What's new in Backup To Go 1.1:
Backup To Go 1.1 includes 21 changes, to improve the stability and usability of the application, while also adding some new Premium features (available via In-App-Purchase).
The new Premium features include:
* Disk Notifications; Backup To Go will display a notification (similar to the volume adjustment panel) every time a disk is connected or ejected from the computer. Even if Backup To Go is not using the disk as a backup disk.
* Deleted Files Finder; Backup To Go will scan through the backup disk and the source folders to find files that have been deleted from the source folders. Enabling users to restore those files or remove them from the backup disk to free up space.
* Custom Disk Icons; create and apply custom icons to the backup disks so that they appear unique in the Finder, and are distinguishable from other connected disks.
Full Change List:
* Fixed a bug that was making the file size counting thread not run threaded
* Refactored the copy file engine so that it can be easily expanded in the future
* Fixed a bug that might prevent the "Show on Backup Disk" from working
* Made some under-the-hood changes to the Preferences Window (reducing memory usage)
* Visual changes to the 'Newer Files' window to be Yosemite & Mavericks compatible
* Moved the location of the "Backup To Go" data files that are stored on the backup disk
* Refactored some of the application's shared library usage
* Added a new Social sharing window
* Some Retina improvements to the file previews in the Newer files window
* Added the option to ignore ".DS_Store" files
* Fixed a bug with traditional scrollbars
* Fixed the Action Icon not showing up correctly for some users
* Refactored the NSNotificationCenter code
* Improved the disk information window
* Any open Backup To Go windows now show in the Backup To Go menu
* More changes to the error reporter/feedback system
* Nailed a bug, which could occur when command-clicking on a script/file while nothing was selected
* Improved the handling of the StatusItem menu when the option key is held down
Added some In-App-Purchase features:
* Disk Notifications, when disk are connected or ejected
* Deleted Files Finder, quickly finds files that have been deleted (to which you have a backup of)
* Custom Disk Icons, use the disk icon maker to give your backup disks unique icons
* Requires Mac OS X 10.7 or newer (Backup To Go is Yosemite compatible)
* 11.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Backup To Go 1.1 is available today from the Mac App Store for Free in the Utilities category. Premium Features require an In-App-Purchase of $0.99 USD (the price is a time limited launch special price).
Based in southern Taiwan, Ohanaware was founded by husband and wife team, Sam Rowlands & Joy Sha in 2008. Sharing a passion for Macs and amateur photography, their first product, Funtastic Photos, won 4-star awards from both MacWorld and MacFormat. Their second product, HDRtist Pro, won a 5-star award from MacFormat. Joy Sha has a history in the design industry with experience as a 2D and 3D artist, and she also holds a Masters degree in 3D animation. Sam Rowlands has been writing software since 1990 and is an award winning software developer. Copyright (C) 2008-2014 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.