September 15, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Atlanta, Georgia - Based on lessons-learned for engaging children in robotics, a novel cause-and-effect educational app has been released. In Turtle Invaders, the turtles have decided to take over the underwater Aqua world. The fearless Octoremus though has decided to fight back!
Turtle Invaders is designed to enhance motor skills for young children and kids with motor or cognitive delays. With a phenomenal ability to set options, this app will keep kids motivated and engaged. Developed by Zyrobotics, LLC, the app is designed to improve visual attention, timing, coordination and control. Parents can also use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals or just to have fun with their child.
Zyrobotics has designed an app with a phenomenal ability to individualize gaming options such that the unique needs of each child are addressed. Both graphics and sound can be graded for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted. The app also has the ability for parents to initially reduce and then add back visual input, as well as the ability to turn off the music and sound effects. Parents can also adjust the speed of the game and difficulty levels, thus ensuring both confidence and competency by being able to start on the child's functional level and then progressing them as they are able.
By changing things just a little, a kid will be able to master control and accuracy bit by bit. Best of all, this app is designed to be switch-accessible such that children who have severe motor impairments and use a switch to activate or operate toys, computers, communication devices, and more can engage in the same game-play as all kids.
Key Features include:
* Fully customizable settings can adjust game options based on the skill level of the individual
* Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for younger children
* Switch accessible for individuals with motor limitations
* Just touch the screen to play or use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess)
* Fun for all, with additional features to help children with special needs
* Beginner's options to help gain confidence during game play
* Enables play by all individuals of all skill levels
* Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted, such as children with Autism or attention deficit disorder
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 40.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Turtle Invaders 1.0 is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education/Games category. Turtle Invaders is also available for Android devices under the Educational/Games category on Google Play.
Zyrobotics, LLC is an inclusive technology company. Our mission is to enable freedom through technology by developing products that are adaptive to each individual's capabilities. For children, our products uniquely focus on accessible play. Zyrobotics' first product offerings include accessible interfaces and smart toys, socially assistive robots, and a suite of gaming apps that are specially designed to enable accessible play. The company, conceived in the summer of 2012, was officially incorporated in 2013 as a Georgia Tech Venturelab spin-off company. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Zyrobotics, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.