September 24, 2014 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Carnation, Washington - Carob Apps, LLC today is proud to announce the release of inRoute 3.0, an update to their popular navigation app for iOS devices. inRoute can find the optimal route between many locations or help you chart your own course based on weather, elevation, curviness, daylight and places along the route. Then navigate using your favorite apps, which inRoute enhances to support multi-location routes.
inRoute has been updated with a new "Agenda Nav" feature that allows navigating multiple location routes in Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze, and TomTom. Road warriors can now use inRoute to find an optimal route between up to 25 locations, check route data such as weather, elevation, and curviness, as well as navigate in leading navigation apps. In addition to the Agenda Nav feature, version 3.0 of inRoute has also been updated for iOS 8 and includes a bevy of new route planning features:
* Ability to import from text or spreadsheet files for anyone with lists of places to visit, e.g. those in sales and service fields or house-hunters
* Alternate routes that avoid tolls and ferries are automatically shown when available and timely
* Routes can be shared for viewing in a web browser on MapQuest
* Bookmarks for routes and places can be searched
* Several interface refinements allow easier access to route information and improve route summaries
inRoute Key Features:
* Easily reorder route waypoints up to 25 places, automatically for fastest time or manually
* Interactive charts show route elevation, curviness, and weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed)
* Charts include sunrise/sunset times and severe weather alerts (currently US and UK areas) along routes
* Navigate up to 25 location routes in Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, and Waze - Some apps use inRoute's new "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
* Search along a route - the whole route, every x miles/km, or the next x miles/km from a place - to find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat
* Set Departure and Layover Times - weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times will accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
* Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
* Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, Contacts, or import from TXT, CSV, KML or GPX files
* Send routes to MapQuest for viewing in a browser, or export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
Previous versions of inRoute have been featured by Apple as a "Best New App" in the App Store's Navigation category, and inRoute was recently covered on the TODAY show in the "Traveling This Summer" segment.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 15.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
inRoute 3.0 is Free to try and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. There is a $3.99 (USD) in-app purchase to unlock all premium features.
Carob Apps develops innovative navigation and entertainment apps for mobile platforms in beautiful Carnation, WA. Founded by Software Engineer Rob Cohen in 2010, Carob Apps aims to bring the open road to your fingertips; inRoute, BMW Motorcycle Magazine and Beemer Trivia are now available in the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Carob Apps, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.