October 1, 2014 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - Pictional today is thrilled to announce the release and immediate availability of TrueHDR 3.0, an update to True HDR, the popular iPhone/iPad app for high dynamic range (HDR) photography. TrueHDR's latest release is optimized for iOS 8, and has added capabilities including greatly increased dynamic range, user-adjustable exposure bracketing, live histogram preview, adjustable highlights/shadows, timer, and a composition grid.
TrueHDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. TrueHDR enables users to take multiple pictures at different exposures, automatically aligns the pictures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sunny areas.
* Merge 3 exposures to capture much higher dynamic range than competitors
* Precisely control the 3 exposures via a new bracket slider
* View color coded histogram for optimal choice of center exposure
* Control focus and exposure independently
* Speed - capture and merging is now much faster
* Fine tune highlights, shadows, and vibrance using sliders
* Timed capture, thirds grid to guide composition, all new effect filters
* Full support for front and back facing camera
* State-of-the-art algorithms for automatically aligning and merging photos
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email, Instagram)
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 13.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TrueHDR 3.0 is available at $1.99 (USD), worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Pictional LLC, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to creating computational photography and imaging applications. Applications and algorithms developed by Pictional are based on the solid foundations of computer vision and signal processing. Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Pictional LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.