November 25, 2014 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Dusseldorf, Germany - Your very own secure file sharing tool for Mac OS X has now landed on iOS! Dropshare is a tool for uploading pictures, videos, screenshots and files of all kind from your iOS device to your own server, Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files. Sharing files with friends, customers, colleagues or anyone else has never been so professional.
Dropshare is a secure alternative to cloud hosted file sharing. Instead of sharing your files via a cloud hosted service with no control and monthly financial commitments, just use your own server: Dropshare natively supports Secure Copy (SCP over SSH), a secure industry standard protocol for file transfers.
Additionally, Dropshare supports uploads to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) or Rackspace Cloud Files, which both are low-priced file hosting services in the cloud. Compared to other cloud hosted file sharing services, Dropshare directly connects to your very own Amazon S3 bucket or Rackspace Cloud Files container, so there is no third-party involved at all.
* Dropshare supports Multiple Connections: You can set up different upload destinations at the same time and switch between them easily for each upload.
* Uploads everything: Dropshare is able to open files of any kind with its Sharing and Action Extensions. Upload directly from your favourite app like the Photo Album, or any other app that offers sharing functionality.
* Dropshare Sync: Synchronize your upload history across all your devices, supports both iOS and Mac OS X. Easily see all the uploads made from your Mac within Dropshare for iOS.
* Import your connections from Dropshare for Mac: If you've already set up Dropshare on your Mac, just export all your connections to encrypted .dropshareconnection files and import them on your iOS device.
* Choose your URL shortener: Dropshare supports URL shorteners as well - natively supported URLs (e.g. dsh.re), or configure your very own URL shortener service like bit.ly or YOURLS.
* Filename randomization: Optionally configure whether Dropshare should add a random suffix or completely randomize the filename before uploading the file.
* Swipe to delete from server: Whenever you decide that you no longer want to share a specific file, just use Dropshare to delete it from the upload destination again with just a swipe.
* 1Password integration: Use 1Password to easily log in to Dropshare Sync with your account details.
* Screenshot extension: Dropshare offers a screenshot extension for your favourite browser: Capture the whole website and upload it right away.
* Image compression: Images can be compressed within 3 different levels prior uploading to save bandwidth and space.
To be sure Dropshare is the right tool for you, please read the following technical requirements:
Secure Copy (SCP over SSH) to your own server:
Dropshare supports SCP over SSH natively. A working SSH user account is required on the server. A password (for keyboard-interactive authentication) or a SSH key pair (for public key authentication) is also required. Please note that both the public and private key needs to be set up. To have the uploaded file displayed in a web browser, a web server needs to be installed and configured on the server. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3):
An AWS Access Key ID and AWS Secret Access key is required in order to use Dropshare with Amazon S3. All AWS regions are as well as custom domains / domain aliases perfectly supported.
Rackspace Cloud Files:
A Rackspace username and API key is required in order to use Dropshare with Rackspace Cloud Files. Rackspace UK and Rackspace US are supported, as well as custom domains / domain aliases.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Please note that Dropshare does not support FTP
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6/6 Plus
* Universal Application
* 11.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dropshare 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. A special crafted iPad user interface is currently in the works.
Dropshare is made by Timo Josten, an individual software developer from Germany. Copyright (C) 2014 Timo Josten. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.