December 4, 2014 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design today released Cinematica 2.3, a free update to its video management app for OS X. Cinematica lets you manage your video library in great detail, keeping track of dozens of properties for each and every file. Sort and search by multiple criteria as well as by technical properties. Cinematica 2 is a complete rewrite, introducing such features as multiple libraries, storyboards and custom keywords.
Cinematica uses smart collections to catalog your videos into groups, based on multiple criteria. Cinematica lets you customize keywords and collection icons, and allows user-defined fields. It supports importing video files with AV Foundation or FFmpeg importers. Cinematica imports your videos quietly in the background while you work. Cinematica 2 has faster performance, lower processor usage and a redesigned GUI.
New in version 2.3:
* Added an option to toggle folder file counts
* Added an option for an "Extra Large" storyboard frame size
* Smart collections can now incluide "Keyword" and "Path" criteria
* The keyword menu is now sorted alphabetically
* Unused keywords are now removed from the database and keyword menu
* Dragging list items to a blank spot on the source list will create a new collection
* Blank items are now allowed in custom fields
* Added a document version check so an older app version will not try to open a more modern document
* The document is now marked as needing to be saved after closing the Document Settings sheet
* Added a help system with basic reference information
* Several minor bug fixes and improvements
* Cinematica 2 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer
Pricing and Availability:
Single user copies may be purchased online for $24.95 (USD). Five user copies are available for $39.95. Upgrades from version 1.x start at just $12.95. For more information and to download an evaluation version, please visit Xeric Design online.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, has been in the Mac software business for more than 25 years. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2014 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.