September 1, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Columbia, MD - Useful Fruit Software today announced Pear Note 1.3.1, the latest version of their note-taking utility for Mac OS X. At its core, Pear Note integrates audio, video, and slides with traditional text notes and stores all of this on a timeline for easy navigation. With Pear Note 1.3.1, all features are now fully functional on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Pear Note records audio or video as well as slides while the user takes notes, allowing the user to later find what was being said or shown when they typed something. They can then play back the entire recording, or jump to the point they need to hear or see.
Pear Note 1.3.1 fixes issues that prevented Powerpoint or Keynote slides from being imported into Pear Note documents when running on Snow Leopard. Also, Pear Note 1.3.1 improves the robustness of video recording on Snow Leopard by taking advantage of new features found in QuickTime X.
Pear Note feature highlights include:
* Records audio, video, every keystroke, and slide changes
* Playback navigation utilizing text notes or slides
* Search to find notes quickly
* Rich Text notes, including lists, outlines, and highlighting
* Spotlight support for Pear Note documents
* QuickLook support for Pear Note documents
* Spell Checking
* Import and view slides from Powerpoint, Keynote, and PDF files
* Export text, audio, video, and slides
* Import audio and video
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 7 MB Hard Drive space
* Spotlight must be enabled
* A microphone (if recording audio)
* A camera such as an iSight (if recording video)
Pricing and Availability:
Pear Note 1.3.1 can be purchased for $39.99 (USD). A free fully functional 30 day demo is available for download.
Located in Columbia, Maryland, Useful Fruit Software LLC is a privately funded company founded in January 2008 by Chad Sellers. As a software consultant since 1997, Chad's experience includes both system-level and application-level development on Linux and Mac platforms. Dedicated to creating useful, well-made software for the Mac, Useful Fruit focuses on ease-of-use, user experience, and simplicity. Copyright 2008-2009 Useful Fruit Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.