March 2, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Mac-Chi today is proud to announce the release Wordaux 1.0.1, a data extraction tool, designed to empower Mac users to leverage data as they encounter it. Wordaux can be used by sales executives, students doing research, hipster life-hackers, or just the generally curious. Examples of usage include: creating contacts direclty from spreadsheet data, building a note base for a research paper, augmenting an existing spreadsheet with data found on the web, or following up on interesting articles found while surfing the web.
Wordaux features a powerful set of integrated one-click user actions for Apple's Calendar, Contacts, Maps, Notes, Pages, Reminders, Safari, and TextEdit as well as Microsoft's Excel, Outlook 2011, and Word. Wordaux also provides full contextual support for each of the standard OS X Share actions.
Wordaux recognizes four data sources: selected text, the Clipboard, files, and webpages. With the exception of the clipboard, all the data source provide a citation to the source document. This citation can be optionally included in the universally supported drag actions as well as in most of the user actions. Wordaux extracts seven data types: names, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, urls, dates, and a user supplied custom regex. The extracted data is presented in standard OS X tables and Wordaux provides immediate drag-ability.
Supported user actions include:
* Create a new contact - Wordaux automatically assembles candidate contacts to be stored in either Apple's Contacts or Microsoft Outlook 2011
* Search using Safari - for example, find all the names mentioned in an article and dig deeper on those individuals
* Open a tabbed Safari window - extract all the links in a data source and examine those of interest in a single window
* Append to existing Note or New Note - works with either Apple Notes or Outlook 2011 Notes
* New document or Append to existing document - works with Apple's TextEdit or Pages or Microsoft Word
* New spreadsheet or Append to existing spreadsheet - works with Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel
* Mac OS X Version 10.9 or later (OS X Mavericks & Yosemite)
* 64-bit Intel
* 7.1 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Wordaux 1.0.1 is available for $14.99 (USD) exclusively from the Mac App Store in the Business category.
Located in historic fun-loving Austin, Texas, Mac-Chi is a privately funded company founded in 2010 by Steve Cronin. Mac-Chi focuses exclusively on OS X and iOS platforms. Copyright 2006-2015 Mac-Chi. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.