March 23, 2015 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Hengchun, Taiwan - Ohanaware Co., Ltd. today is proud to announce the immediate availability of App Wrapper 3.3, an important update to their popular App Store preparation tool. App Wrapper was designed to simplify the process of preparing applications for submission to the Mac App Store and deploying on web sites.
What's new in App Wrapper version 3.3:
* Added a UTI control option, either Merge, Replace or Disable for controlling App Wrapper's UTI handling
* Added code to deal with app icon names not ending with .icns
* UTI merging process, now replaces existing UTIs (avoiding duplicates) and removes entries without a identifier
* Support for OS X 10.10.3
* Purchase dialog is larger, to accommodate the visual changes from Paddle
* Removed a lot of redundant logging
* Fixed an error when scanning an application, which has a broken bundle
* Fixed an error with Help folders that are simply called "Help"
* Fixed an issue with Container-Migration, so that it works again
* Fixed an issue where UTIs could contain NIL reference URLS
About App Wrapper:
App Wrapper simplifies the process of preparing applications for the Mac App Store or for web site distribution. Once configured App Wrapper can perform the following actions either at the click of a button or when an application is built within the Xojo development environment.
* Code signs applications and nested code within the application
* Adds entitlements for the App Sandbox
* Clean up permissions of bundled files
* Add App Store required settings and additional property list keys
* Convert HTML files into the Apple Help Book format and insert into the application
* Performs analysis on the applications, to reduce App Store rejection. In same cases App Wrapper can auto fix issues
* Create Zip files or App Store compatible signed installer packages
* Can clean excess files from within the application, such as languages, architectures, specific files, files by extension and even certain file meta data
Additional functionality includes:
* Installer tester, to simplify the process of testing App Store compatible installers
* Xojo compatible script generator, to integrate App Wrapper into Xojo projects
* Application reporting, provides detailed information on an application and nested code
App Wrapper 3.3 requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Due to Apple's Code Signing requirements) and Xcode 6 (also due to Code Signing requirement). App Wrapper 3.3 is Yosemite compatible.
Pricing and Availability:
App Wrapper 3.3 is available today from the Ohanaware web site. There are 3 pricing options. (Owners of App Wrapper Mini & App Wrapper 2.x are entitled a discount when upgrading. Please see the App Wrapper web page for more information.) App Wrapper 3.3 uses Paddle as the payment processor.
$49.99 - 1-Year Update Plan
$9.99 - 30-Day Pay As You Go (*2)
$199.99 - 1-Year Small Team Update Plan (*3)
*1 allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
*2 allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer operates until a new term is purchased.
*3 allows 13 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
Based in Hengchun, Taiwan, Joy Sha & Sam Rowlands have been building top ten, award winning apps since '06. Their most notable applications include Funtastic Photos, which set the benchmark for modern photo editing. HDRtist and HDRtist Pro which has over 100,000 users world wide. App Wrapper, which is the #1 third party product to help developers prepare their apps for the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2006-2015 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.