March 26, 2015 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Brisbane, Australia - Schimera today announces a new release of WebDAV Nav+ 3.5, an update to its popular iOS application. The new features include integration extensions for use from within other applications on iOS 8. WebDAV Nav+ allows users to share, manage and access documents and other files online via their iPhone or iPad devices effectively turning a mobile device into a personal hard disk. WebDAV Nav+ is ideal for people on the go. It allows anyone to access files stored on their PCs, network attached storage devices, online cloud storage services or even other WebDAV Nav+ users.
The update includes:
* An action menu option in other installed apps like Photos, Notes and Pages to send documents and files via WebDAV Nav
* A Document Picker extension to allow opening of files from within WebDAV Nav+in other applications, with the ability to automatically upload the changes when saved
To enable the new action menu items just open up Photos or Notes, click the upload arrow button, choose More (...) from the bottom row of icons, and toggle on "Send to WebDAV Nav." As well as the new features WebDAV Nav+ has just released it continues to offer the ability to:
* Download files and store them locally on the iPhone and iPad
* Open documents in other applications
* Forward multiple downloaded documents by email
* Upload images and videos from the photo gallery or camera
* Browse local storage through a web browser without a WebDAV client by using the built-in WebDAV server
* Stream media straight from the server without downloading the media first
* AirPlay support for streaming local media to supported AirPlay devices
* Stream audio playlists in the background while using other applications
* Support for most major RAW camera image formats
* Built-in ePub reader to review non DRM eBooks
* Built-in Markdown viewer
* Full sync feature to keep a remote and local folders in sync
* Album sync to upload local photos to a remote folder
WebDAV Nav+ is also available as a customised white label solution ideal for educational institutions, government departments and businesses that have a need to provide a branded cloud storage client to their users.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* iOS 7.0 or later
* 15.6 MB
WebDAV Nav+ 3.5 is available worldwide in 15 languages through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or publication represented when making a request.
Located in Brisbane, Australia, Schimera was founded in 1993 by independent freelance software developer Sean Ashton. Schimera specialises in mobile, open source GIS, web and pervasive computing technologies, delivering to clients across the world in a variety of industries including mining, telecoms, education, location-based services and social networking. Copyright (C) 2015 Sean Ashton. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.