June 30, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Atlantic Beach, Florida - Tropical Software today announced that after a 2-month public beta the iAddressX 3.6 full release is available. Use iAddressX to navigate contacts from a small icon in the system menu, and to initiate various tasks including printing of Dymo labels, dialing regular and Skype calls, sending SMS messages to Skype pals or friend's cell phones, and more.
Menubar Convenience and iAddressX:
From the first release of Macintosh computers main menu bar, also called the system menu, has been a main Mac feature. iAddressX has now returned to the Mac system menu as a status item, allowing easy access to almost everything related to contacts from hierarchical menus.
* Navigate contacts from a small icon in the system menu and access many contact options
* Print to your Dymo Label printer right from iAddressX.
* Dial using Bluetooth, a USB Modem, Skype or an old-fashioned landline
* Search your contacts directly from the menu bar
* Initiate a call or chat using Skype
A Brief History of iAddressX:
Tropical Software President James Lee explains the return of iAddressX: "iAddressX was developed by Michael Balle-Pedersen, a Software Engineer at Apple Inc. Before he worked at Apple, Michael released versions running in Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4. I discovered iAddressX languishing after Michael went to work for Apple and we were able to acquire iAddressX. We immediately developed a version that ran under Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) that is still available. Thanks to some help from friend and Apple software wizard John Daub, we are now able to get iAddressX working in Mac OS X 10.7 through 10.10. In-house expert Lewis Garrett inserted the Check for Update and Registration code, and put the final touches on this release."
iAddressX 3.6.0 has the following changes:
* Added an option to show Contacts by Group as a sub-menu, or in the main menu (it is recommend you enable Contacts by Group if you have many Groups)
* Major rewrite of many parts of the code that was originally designed for OS X 10.5 Leopard and older
* This version now supports OS X 10.7 Lion and newer
* iAddressX was a Mac OS X Preference Pane. It is now an app installed as a status item in the menu bar
* Application @ menu icon almost invisible if dark menu and Dock is selected in MacOS General Settings
iAddressX was reviewed a few times many years ago and we hope it will once again get good reviews for its design and convenience. We are looking for feedback from prior iAddressX customers and new users for what they would like to see us develop in the future.
Pricing and Availability:
Try Tropical's reliable iAddressX 3.6 for free today! For a short introductory period, iAddressX will be available for only $9.95 (USD) from the Tropical Software web site. After this introductory price, iAddressX 3.6 will be only $19.95 from the company's web site.
Tropical Software makes the award-winning TopXNotes, a modern personal Mac note manager with state of the art proprietary encryption technology for the ultimate in securing personal information. We also offer KitchenTimer, a general-purpose timer, 2Remember, a lightweight easy to use reminder app with a minimal screen footprint, and iAddressX for navigating and accessing your contacts. Located in Atlantic Beach, Florida, Tropical Software is owned and operated by former Apple employee James Lee, and is dedicated to improving the lives of its customers by offering easy to use productivity software for Macs and Apple touch devices including iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Copyright (C) 2015 Tropical Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.