July 24, 2015 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] Indianapolis, Indiana - Mapdiva today is pleased to announce the release of Artboard 1.9.8 vector drawing software, featuring support for Apple's new Photos app, a critical performance update, and several usability enhancements. Artboard is an affordable vector drawing program that is simple to use to get you going fast, yet powerful enough to meet your everyday drawing needs. Broad support is available on the Mapdiva website, with a selection of vector tutorials, getting-started videos, and a free downloadable trial.
New in this version:
* Fixes an issue with occasional very laggy performance experienced by some users on OS 10.10 "Yosemite"
* Support for Apple's new Photos app in the Artboard Image Browser with OS 10.10.3
* Shift-drag now constrains objects to move along certain alignments from their original positions; including shift + option drag to make a copy of an object constrained to align with the original
* Command key to select and/or deselect multiple objects on click-through
* Command key now required to be pressed to move the origin point of an object to prevent accidental changes when dragging
* Keyboard "Z" and "X" enable spring-loaded zoom-in / zoom-out tools for fast use without switching tools
* More graphical tweaks for OS X Yosemite
* Other bug fixes
Since Artboard's debut, the Mapdiva team have made regular updates with lots of performance improvements, added many features, and user interface refinements. Some of those updates include SVG import, full transparency support on gradients, a Geometry panel for numeric input, a Format Bar for quick access to simple styles, 64-bit native support, and much more.
* 10.7 or later
* 64-bit native
* 75.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Artboard 1.9.8 is available for $29.99 (USD) through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category, and directly from the Mapdiva web store. A Free Trial version, tutorials, and more information on Artboard can be found on the Mapdiva website. Artboard 1.9.8 is a free update for existing users. To easily update, use "Update" in the Mac App Store.
Mapdiva is dedicated to making intuitive software so users can focus their creative energy on content and design. Founded in 2008 by Graham Cox and Jill Saligoe-Simmel, Mapdiva, LLC develops powerfully easy vector illustration software. Mapdiva, LLC has offices in Indianapolis, IN USA and Armidale, NSW Australia. Copyright (C) 2008-2015 Mapdiva, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.