October 22, 2015 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Mini Metro, the hit subway SIM created by Dinosaur Polo Club, is now available on the Mac App Store. The game is published on the Mac App Store by MacPlay. In Mini Metro, you take on the task of designing the subway layout for a rapidly expanding city. Your city starts with three stations. Draw routes between these stations to connect them with subway lines. Commuters travel along your lines to get around the city as fast as they can. Each station can only hold a handful of waiting commuters so your subway network will need to be well-designed to avoid delays.
The city is growing. More stations are opening, and commuters are appearing faster. The demands on your network are ever-increasing. You'll be constantly redesigning your lines to maximise efficiency. The new assets you earn every week will help immensely - as long as they're used wisely. Eventually your network will fail. Stations will open too quickly. Commuters will crowd the platforms. How long the city keeps moving is up to you.
* Compelling, constructive, hectic, relaxed gameplay - If that makes sense, It doesn't though, aye? You just gotta play it
* Three game modes: Normal for quick scored games, Endless for stress-free sandbox play, and Extreme for the ultimate challenge
* Eleven real-world cities to design subways for (London, New York City, Paris, Berlin, Hong Kong, Osaka, Saint Petersburg, Montreal, So Paulo, Cairo, and Auckland) - Each has a unique colour theme, set of obstacles, and pace
* Random city growth, so each game plays out differently - A strategy that proved successful last game may not help you in the next
* Each game's map is a work of art, built by you in the classic abstract subway style of Harry Beck - If you think it's a keeper, save it, tweet it, show it off or make it your desktop background
* Soundtrack by Disasterpeace
* Colorblind and night modes
* Trains - Did we mention them yet?
* OS: OS X 10.7 Lion or later
* Processor: 2 GHz or faster processor
* Memory: 512 MB RAM
* Graphics: Shader Model 2.0
* Hard Drive: 300 MB available space
Pricing and Availability:
Mini Metro 1.0.0 is available via the Mac App store starting today for $9.99 (USD) and includes support for over 20 languages including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and more.
MacPlay's 3.0 mission is to provide publishers and developers an exciting and profitable way of distributing their games on the Mac App Store and other platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 MacPlay. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.