November 5, 2015 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Utrecht, Netherlands - Tupil today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Beamer 3.0, a major update to their Mac OS X video streaming app. Beamer 3.0 allows users to stream any video file from a Mac to any Apple TV or Chromecast or Google Cast-supported high definition television. The app also includes subtitle support, and allows users to fast-forward, reverse, or completely skip to the next movie using the Apple TV Remote.
Beamer now sports a modern, redesigned interface that makes the app a joy to use. Commonly accessed options, such as subtitles and audio track options, are conveniently located in the playback window of the app. The playlist is now integrated into the player window of the app, and displays the titles of previously viewed movies, making it easy to select a favorite video for additional viewing. Or, if preferred, the app can automatically remove the titles of already watched movies from the list.
While previous versions of Beamer worked only with the Apple TV, version 3.0 is now also compatible with Google Chromecast devices, offering viewers the ability to stream video content directly from their Mac computer, no matter which streaming device they own! If users own multiple Apple TV or Chromecast devices, they can easily select which device they would like to stream to, right from Beamer's player window. Video streams to either device in full 1080p HD, featuring dynamic sound in full 5.1 surround, (when available).
"We're proud of the new features in Beamer 3.0," says Eelco Lempsink, co-creator of Beamer. "With the app's new Chromecast support, plus the improved support for the Apple TV - including the new fourth-generation models - we have created the best option available for users who are looking for an easy-to-use solution for viewing all of their favorite video content on a big screen HDTV."
New Features in Beamer 3.0:
* Now supports playback to Google Cast devices, such as Chromecast
* Supports the fourth-generation Apple TV
* Use the Apple TV Remote to skip to the next movie by double-clicking the play button
* Modern, redesigned interface
* More controls are available from the playback window
* Options to automatically select subtitles and audio tracks of a certain language
* Option to set Beamer to automatically use a surround soundtrack when available
* Set a playlist or a movie to repeat automatically
* Improved automatic subtitle selection
* Improved color accuracy for movies using the bt709 color matrix
* Detects more subtitle tracks in VOB files
* Updated transcoding backend
* Numerous performance and stability improvements
Unlike some other streaming solutions, Beamer doesn't require the user to go through a tedious conversion process before viewing their videos on a streaming box-equipped television. Beamer makes viewing any common format of video content that's stored on a Mac as simple as dragging-and-dropping a file. Users simply click on the videos they wish to view, and then drag & drop them into the Beamer window. Next, they select the device they wish to stream the video to from the convenient pull-down menu in the viewing window, and last but not least, they sit down in front of an Apple TV or Chromecast-equipped HDTV and enjoy the show!
* OS X Yosemite 10.10 or higher
* 64-bit processor
* Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation) or Chromecast (1st and 2nd generation)
* 25.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Beamer 3.0 is only $19.99 USD (or equivalent amounts in other currencies), and is available worldwide through the Beamer website. Existing Beamer 2 owners can upgrade via Beamer's unique "Pay What You Want" upgrade program. Review copies are available upon request.
Tupil was founded by Ben Lenarts and Eelco Lempsink. Ben and Eelco have been creating iOS and Mac apps since 2009. Tupil creates apps with one thing in mind, make them simple and helpful. Copyright (C) 2015 Tupil. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.