April 8, 2016 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - RationalPlan 4.13 comes with new features within the web-based interface like the possibility to attach documents on tasks and projects, performance improvements, the possibility to see data from the entire portfolio of projects and automatic email notifications when assigning resources to tasks. For the desktop products it was also added support for 1.5x HDPI monitors.
RationalPlan started as an easy to use and straightforward project management software but it evolved into an embedded and powerful system that is now available even as a project management cloud service both for individuals and for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version:
* Added possibility to attach documents on tasks and projects
* Performance improvement on Timesheet and My Assignments views
* Possibility to see data from "All Projects"
* Automatic email notifications when assigning resources on tasks
* Allow users with Resource rights to access the Projects area
* Added intermediary icons for 1.5x HDPI monitors
Documents management can be done easier with the latest version of RationalPlan. Users have now the possibility to upload and attach documents to tasks and projects directly from the view where they are working (Portfolio, Gantt) without the need to switch to Dashboard > My Documents area.
Attach links, Upload and attach documents
Performance improvements where made for handling assignments both for Timesheet view and for My Assignments view. For the special case where resources were assigned on a large number of tasks it resulted a very high volume of assignments. For this reason the application responsiveness was slow. With current version the computation of costs and work was optimized and actions like scrolling and drag & drop are done smoothly.
Portfolio management is an important feature for a project management software. For this reason the executive department needs to have an overall view across all the projects. It is now possible to have a bird's-eye view while using certain views like Gantt or WBS.
An additional step that was made regarding collaboration management was to add the possibility to notify resources about the status of their assignments. In order to increase productivity the resources get notified automatically by email when project managers assign them on tasks or when they are moved from one task to another. This is an additional feature to the existing notifications like those related to % complete, deadlines and late tasks.
Automatic email notifications
Sometimes even the resources need to have an overall idea of the entire project and not just over its tasks. This offers an increased understanding over the whole process. For this reason starting with version 4.13 the Projects area can also be accessed by users with the Resource role. Of course the data gets filtered based on the access rights offered by the administrator to each user. The same is valid for updating data.
When it comes to dedicated desktop products the developers from RationalPlan added intermediary icons for 1.5x HDPI monitors. This kind of monitors come with non-standard resolutions that range between full HD and 4k displays.
Among the most important bugs that were fixed there are mentioned:
* Bug fix for computing the critical path for dependencies with a lag value
* Bug fix for rendering tree tables on Retina displays
* Bug fix for VToDo events when sending .ics files by email
* Bug fix for correctly detecting the used working pattern by resources and tasks
* Bug fix for work-driven tasks, with human resources assigned and 0 units (that is 0 work)
Products from RationalPlan suite include:
* RationalPlan Single Project - an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
* RationalPlan Multi Project - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
* RationalPlan Project Viewer - free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
* RationalPlan Project Server - a centralized place to manage the company's projects while offering concurrent access to different users
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Stand By Soft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.