April 25, 2016 in OS X Development (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Tension Software is proud to announce the release of Product Builder 2.1.1 for Mac OS X, which helps developers create packages for app submission to the Mac App Store without using Xcode. Product Builder allows to create packages ready to be transmitted using the Application Loader (by Apple and included with the Developer tools) to the Mac App Store.
Product Builder is an indispensable tool for any App Store developer that do not use Xcode to build applications and use alternate build environments such as Xamarin or others. Product Builder allows users to correctly submit applications with spaces inside the application name.
The app can optionally check for MASReceipt inside the app to avoid creating from an already authenticated app, (a common error). It can optionally add the app release number to the package, (to avoid submit old packages in the submission phase). It makes the repetitive creation of packages a pleasure and avoid errors creating and submitting to the App Store!
After inserting the correct setup one time only, to create a package you just need to:
1. Launch Product Builder and drag the application to submit from the finder to the Product Builder window.
2. Select source and destination (a sandbox requirement)
* Creates via Drag and Drop a package with the application signed with your signature.
* Handles correctly applications with spaces in the name, example: 'Product Builder'
* Put the created Package near the original app or in a preference selectable via preferences
* Auto-creates a package without spaces in the name ready to be correctly submitted to the App Store
* Optionally includes release string in the package name to avoid confusion on your Hard Disk between successive releases and during submission to the store
* Correctly handles submission of sandboxed app with signed entitlements inside
* Check if you are building using an already MAS authenticated app to avoid this kind of mistake
* Full diagnostic of the package creation in a log area
* PDF User Guide
* Uses only the installer certificate to sign the installer
* Improved main window layout
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 1.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Product Builder 2.1.1 is $4.99, and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category.
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.