May 24, 2016 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Taipei, Taiwan - QuinnScape today is pleased to announce the release of Packing Pro 12.0, a major upgrade that fully modernizes this 7-year old iOS travel app. Packing Pro now fully supports and embraces iOS 8 & 9. Over 20,000 lines of code were revised or completely re-written, leading to much smoother operation on current devices. Besides this under-the-hood revamp, big improvements in design and user experience were also made, and a few new features were added as well, such as search & sort in the Master Catalog. Search was also brought out of hiding on list pages, for extra convenience.
During the seven years Packing Pro has been on Apple's App Store, it has been highlighted several times. Currently, it can be found in the "Travel Survival Kit" and "Travel Expenses" promotions. It has also ranked at #1 for iPads and #2 for iPhones in the U.S. App Store's Travel section. Besides Apple, Packing Pro has also been recognized by CNN, WSJ, BBC, The New York Times, Expedia and Budget Travel, and has earned glowing reviews on major tech and app blogs (Gizmodo, Mashable, Macworld, CNET and iPhone Life, among others).
Packing Pro is a mobile travel packing list app that features unlimited, 100% customizable packing lists, an extensive, yet flexible, catalog, handy sample lists, iCloud auto-sync and various list sharing options. A host of special functions include:
* Multi-item selection from catalog for speedy list building
* Multi-item editing for easy list and catalog management
* Collapsable categories with floating headers and running item tallies
* List sorting & filtering by packing status, priority, need to buy, bag and/or person
* Item, weight and value totals & subtotals
* Item images to eliminate any confusion - never again pack the wrong item
* Item and list alerts for user-set reminders
* Email export for file sharing
* Wireless printing
* Fully customized device support for all sizes of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Full multi-lingual support for English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Japanese and Chinese
Besides the core features listed above (which are also present in the basic Packing (+TO DO!) app), Packing Pro also gives its users the following Pro-level features:
* iCloud auto-syncing support
* Expert packing list wizard that can "automagically" create a list
* Email, iTunes, AirDrop, Dropbox and Box file sharing, backup & out-of-app editing support
* Customized design (themes, layout, fonts, colors, textures)
* Double-sized Master Catalog with over 800 items and to-do tasks
* Twice as many sample lists
* Smart Search (lists & catalog)
Packing Pro version 12.0 is a major upgrade that fully modernizes this 7-year old app. It now smoothly supports all devices running on iOS 8 & 9, and new search & sort functions in the Master Catalog, as well as a more convenient search tool on list pages, greatly improve the user experience. Check it out today!
Pricing and Availability:
Packing Pro is a universal app that is available for purchase worldwide on the iPhone & iPad App Store for $2.99 (USD), or the equivalent in local currency. The basic Packing (+TO DO!) sells for $0.99.
Since its founding in October 2008, QuinnScape has been managed by Quinn Genzel. Quinn is best known for his popular, top-ranking travel packing apps: Packing (+TO DO!) and Packing Pro. Packing Pro has been recognized by Apple, CNN, WSJ, BBC, National Geographic, Budget Travel, Fodor's, CNET, Macworld and a host of others as one of their top apps for traveling. Other app created by Quinn include a grocery shopping list app (Shopping Pro), nature appreciation apps (iLove Nature and iLove Birds), 3D VR action games (R.I.P and Ghost Buddy) and high-quality puzzles (the aQ's Pro Slider Puzzle series). Copyright (C) 2008-2016 QuinnScape. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.