November 18, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, CA - SmileOnMyMac today released DiscLabel 6.2, an update to its award-winning CD/DVD label design software for Mac OS X. The update adds 10 new free templates in the Holidays and Celebrations category. This update also adds the ability to edit layer names, as well as various enhancements and bug fixes.
"With the holidays coming, we wanted to offer more free templates that can be used to make great personalized gifts," said Philip Goward, co-founder of SmileOnMyMac. "Custom CDs and DVDs of music, photos and video are a great way for Mac users to stretch their holiday budgets."
What's new in DiscLabel 6.2:
* 10 new Holidays & Celebrations Templates
* Layer names can be edited
* Various enhancements and bug fixes
* Start with a pre-designed template, or make your own; over 160 professionally-designed template sets included
* Import track lists from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, Finder, and Toast
* Import images from iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture, iDVD, Flickr and Finder
* Multiple layers, drawing tools, and gradients for creating custom designs
* Use more than 1300 clip art files via the DiscLabel Clip Art Browser
* Print to most label and paper types
* Use with direct-to-disc printers and printable CDs / DVDs
* Use with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling
* Include (and edit!) multi-line text laid out in a circle
* Automate label creation with AppleScript
* Purchase high-quality NEATO labels & media via direct link to store
* Available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later. Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) compatible.
Pricing and Availability:
DiscLabel 6.2 costs $35.95 USD. The DiscLabel Family Pack, for up to 5 computers in one household, is $54.95. Upgrades from earlier versions of DiscLabel are $15.00, and free to users who purchased after February 1, 2009. DiscLabel 6 requires Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later, and is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). DiscLabel 6.2 is a free update for registered users of DiscLabel 6. A fully-functional demo version is available on the SmileOnMyMac website.
SmileOnMyMac makes creative productivity software for Mac OS X, such as PDFpen, the PDF editing software that won an Editors' Choice Award from The Mac Observer; DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program; TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool that was named a Mac|Life Editor's Choice; PageSender, feature-rich fax software that also received an Eddy, and BrowseBack, the visual web history tool that won Best of Show at Macworld 2006. All SmileOnMyMac products are available to download free.