November 23, 2009 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Meadville, Pennsylvania - Nuclear Nova today announced updates to GL Golf, GL Golf Deluxe, and GL Golf Lite, bringing all versions up to 1.09. With the addition of a driving range, 12 new courses, four new clubs, over a 50% performance increase, and 32 additional improvements, Nuclear Nova continues to prove its dedication to the GL Golf franchise. In celebration, Nuclear Nova has dropped the price to $0.99 for the next week. GL Golf offers a realistic physics system and smooth, fluid graphics for compelling game-play.
In GL Golf up to four players can golf twenty-four unique courses. Everything in a real game of golf is included in GL Golf, such as water hazards, sand traps, trees, bushes, wind, four seasons, different times to play, and much more. Other unique features include game saving, three difficulty modes, mulligans, practice mode, as well as different sets of clubs.
* iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs or iPod Touch
* Software version 3.0
Pricing and Availability:
GL Golf Lite is free and is available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
GL Golf Standard is on sale for only $0.99 (regularly $4.99) USD and is available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
GL Golf Deluxe is on sale for only $5.99 ($2 off, 3.5x the number courses as the standard version) USD and is available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Additional improvements for all versions of GL Golf include:
* New course available through in-app purchasing (GL Golf Deluxe)
* Fast forward and slow motion buttons when the ball is in flight
* Improved ball trail effect
* Wind arrow is no longer covered by trees
* Fixed resume game submitting scores on the Old Andrews course
* Improved in game scorecard
* Add version information to the main menu
* Added a link to the support FAQ
* Perfect "ding" shots now show a visual confirmation
* Resume button now shows information about the current course and hole
* Fixed a bug where scores <10 wouldn't post on the LE National course (GL Golf Lite)
* Mentions Rocket Golf (GL Golf Lite)
* Two separate six course packs available through in-app purchasing
* Four new clubs and mulligan packs available through in-app purchasing
* Large optimizations, over 50% improvement in performance
* Added a 24th course, Badger Pass, for in app purchasing (GL Golf Deluxe only)
* Textures are much smoother through the use of mipmapping
* Smaller level files, GL Golf is now under 25MB
* Fixed a bug where spin/loft sliders could be disabled after a mulligan
* Updated advertising and analytics package
* Added a driving range
* Trees are now semi-transparent when blocking the game view
* You can now mulligan while the ball is in the air to save time
* Fixed a bug where the same score could continually be submitted
* Removed control options from the putter
* Fixed a bug where the game could submit a score to the wrong difficulty/course
* The best rounds screen now shows the correct course
* Fixed a bug where the control sliders could be grayed out to start the game
* Fixed a bug where the game could lock up after pressing the Main Menu button after finishing a round
* Practice buttons are now larger and easier to press
* Fixed four individual holes
* Fixed the hard putter club sound effect
If you like GL Golf, be sure to check out Nuclear Nova Software's other golf game, Rocket Golf, available exclusively on the Apple iTunes Store.
Located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Nuclear Nova Software is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Jake Leveto. Jake is currently studying at the Rochester Institute of Technology for Microelectronic Engineering. Nuclear Nova Software was founded with the intent of developing unique and challenging games with compelling game-play for the Mac platform and iPhone. Copyright 2002-2009 Nuclear Nova Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.