July 27, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - iHomeEducator today is pleased to announce the release of a new educational app for K to 6th grade. iLiveMath Ford Cars celebrates over 100+ years of auto history through photos, videos, wiki links, and interactive problem-based questions. iLiveMath Ford Cars teaches elementary grade reading, history, science, and primarily math with multimedia for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication are used in this app as in other iLiveMath apps. New concepts are taught including division, average, mean, median, mode, and range with problems that introduce new terms such as mpg, mph, km/h, speedometer, odometer, cars manufactured per day, per week, per year, and much more.
Here are some quotes from our reviewers of:
iLiveMath Oceans... "The brilliant photographs, are just as gorgeous as you would expect from iHomeEducator. There are over 30 types of sea creatures featured in this app! The quality sound effects create a sea-like environment that engages even the most distractible child. The word problems are ocean-themed too. Children can work through the problems, and use their imaginations to take them away on an ocean expedition while learning and having fun working through over 100,000 randomly generated math word problem questions." The Homeschool Desk
The natural language engine will use car nouns, verbs, locations, measures, quantities, and other variable metrics to formulate sentences which are associated to the photographs and the sounds. The word problems and their associated answers are nearly endless across three levels of difficulty.
Just like the previous iLiveMath apps, students and teachers can collaborate on word math problems using Twitter, email, and blogs. Questions are asked and the student selects the answer from a picker dial. The student is then provided immediate correct or incorrect feedback.
(1) Review dynamically and randomly generated word problems
(2) Share your question and answer summaries on our community blog
(3) Email the questions and answers to your educator for review
(4) Tweet questions to followers and friends.
(5) Explore related educational wiki links in a kid safe browser
(6) Watch fun educational videos after you've correctly answered a certain number of questions. This can be set by the educator at a threshold of 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 correct answers before the video feature is enabled.
* Level 1: Basic Addition and Subtraction
* Level 2: Includes Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication
* Level 3: Advanced Includes Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Mean, Median, Mode, and Range
Universal App release advantages:
* Runs on iPad as well as iPhone/iPod touch
* Layout for the iPad fully utilizes the larger screen, new button layout, new picker popup, and new view transitions.
* Landscape and Portrait Mode is supported for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch.
The previous iLiveMath series apps were listed by GameClassroom as a Top 10 Educational iPad App and featured on iTunes What's Hot as well as New and Noteworthy.
Arlene Lee, co-founder said, "As Ford tweeted recently... We hope this app 'adds up to success' in your child's education!"
iLiveMath Speed, Trains, and Ford Cars will be the first, second, and third in the transportation series. iHomeEducator plans to introduce new "fresh" and "fun" themes in the next month... please come back to visit our site for more information.
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* iLiveMath apps are Universal App and therefore automatically run on the iPad.
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* Compiled and tested on iOS4
* 18.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iLiveMath Ford Cars 3.0 is offered at the introductory price of $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
iHomeEducator was founded in 2009 by a credentialed California State Board of Education teacher and parent. We currently home educate three children through a Charter School. Through this personal experience we are able to provide tools for home educators. Our applications provide a means of personalized learning and fun independent study serving students from kindergarten through 12th grade. At iHome Educator, we believe every child can excel by leveraging today's modern mobile wireless technology and collaborating through social networking. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 iHomeEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.