November 23, 2010 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] New York, NY - Announcing Talkwit.TV, a unique new product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. The Talkwit.TV application is the first real-time Social Guide for TV, replacing the need for traditional cable guides. Shows are ranked as they air by their social popularity with Twitter and Facebook users who post comments and hold conversations about them.
The app is the first crowd-sourced TV viewing, recommendation and social TV platform that makes every show on every network social. Talkwit.TV mines, filters, displays and ranks the existing discussions on the most popular social networks about live TV, enabling users to discover new shows and interact with their friends and fellow fans around their favorite shows
Talkwit.TV has broken new ground by creating the first ever, real-time Social Guide that allows TV watchers to discover currently popular programs based on their social popularity, rather than surf through a ton of channels on their regular cable TV guide.
A quick check of the app tells users what's popular at any given time, serving as a reminder to watch their favorite shows, or piquing their interest in new ones. While shows are airing, there are millions of Facebook and Twitter conversations going on that are displayed on the Talkwit.TV app informing users of up-to-the-minute rankings and happenings, and allowing them to contribute to the discussions.
These are a few of the features users enjoy with Talkwit.TV:
* First ever, real-time crowd sourced social TV guide
* Instantly see the most popular shows, right now
* Discover the new shows that people are loving and shouldn't be missed
* Follow the Live Stream to see what other fans are saying about favorite shows
* Connect directly with Twitter and Facebook friends who are watching the same show
* Contribute to the buzz and conversations around TV shows
* Provides networks and producers with valuable 'Most Social Show' data that can be filtered by shows, networks, date, time zones and more
* Really easy to set up and use
* Talkwit TV is a free application
Essentially, Talkwit.TV helps viewers keep a finger on the pulse of live TV by making it possible for them to see what people are watching and connect with both friends and fans in real-time around a show as it airs.. Oh yes, and it's free.
* iPhone and iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 2.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Talkwit TV 1.0.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Talkwit.TV is the first crowd-sourced TV viewing, recommendation and social TV platform that makes every show on every network social. Talkwit.TV mines, filters, displays and ranks the existing discussions on the most popular social networks about live TV, enabling users to discover new shows and interact with their friends and fellow fans around their favorite shows. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.