June 6, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Parede, Portugal - SintraWorks has released Metron 2.5, a significant update to their professional digital metronome for iOS devices. The brainchild of a classically trained musician, Metron aids in the practice of runs, excerpts and complete compositions. Featuring an intuitive front panel, you can launch and start practicing instantly, while an organized back panel provides access to powerful extra features.
In addition to the usual single and multiple beat ticks of digital metronomes, Metron offers complex time signatures with beat grouping and dynamic accellerando and ritardando through a high-precision playback engine. A score based sequencer offers detailed control over tempo changes, rhythmic patterns, sounds, volume and color. Additionally, Metron incorporates a pitch pipe that can be calibrated at micro level.
New in version 2.5:
* Score view for defining sequences and rhythm patterns, greatly simplifying their creation. (No more drilling down into bars and time signatures, etc.)
* Record sequence and setlist playback sessions
* iTunes access to Metron files (for accessing and managing recorded sessions)
* Precision sliders: move your finger away from the slider while dragging the slider thumb, to gain more fine-grained control over sliding speed
* Updated graphics for iPhone 4 Retina display
* Change tempo by tapping during playback
* Minimum beats per minute lowered to 1. (Effective minimum 1/4 BPM)
* Maximum beats per minute increased to 500. (Effective maximum 1000 BPM)
* Option to keep playback running in background
* Back panel is now fully orientation savvy
* New back-panel interface skin
* Portrait and landscape mode.
* Tempo from 1 to 500 Beats Per Minute (effectively 1/4 to 1000 BPM).
* Accelerando and ritardando ("Variance").
* Specify a factor between one quarter (0.25) and double (2.0) the current tempo. (Useful when practicing complex sequences).
* Tap the tap pad to set the tempo (even while the metronome is running).
* Visual beat feedback in addition to clear and crisp audio pulses.
* Fully customisable sound, volume and feedback colour on any beat and/or its rhythmic subdivisions.
* Setlists navigation.
* Create your own library with any number of sequences. A set with the most commonly used time signatures is included by default.
* Create sequences with any number of bars.
* Each sequence can set a countdown, a start tempo, a variance and whether the metronome stops at the end of the sequence or repeats the sequence from the beginning.
* Each bar consists of one or more time signatures and can set a tempo and a variance starting on any beat. A bar can be set to play up to a 110 times.
* A time signature can have between 1 and 64 beats over a dotted or undotted denominator (examples: 7/4, 2/8., 9/32, 1/2., 3/1).
* A time signature can be subdivided into beat groups, allowing you to set an accent on any beat you wish, since grouping beats affects metronome playback. Metron differentiates between the first beat, stressed beats and unstressed beats, so you always know where in the bar you are.
* Each beat in a time signature can be further customized into a rhythmic pattern (like triplets or swing, or most any pattern you like). You can assign a custom color, sound and volume to any beat or any rhythmic component of a beat. You are in control. You can keep it as simple as you like, or make it as intricate as you need.
* Mix bars of different meters and tempi at will, and interpolate between tempi between any two points in a score.
* Use the score view to create all your customizations using traditional western music notation.
* Create and edit setlists.
* Plays any pitch from octave 0 to octave 8
* Reference pitch: A4 = 440Hz by default. Adjustable.
* Adjustable target pitch (per Hertz or per cent level).
* Choice of note names: C D E, etc, Do Re Mi, etc.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 8.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Metron 2.5 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in beautiful Parede, Portugal, SintraWorks is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Antonio Nunes. Committed to providing the highest quality software, SintraWorks' focus is developing productivity solutions for the Mac and iOS platforms, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2006-2011 SintraWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.