July 25, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Kerpen, Germany - Pomcast.biz today is pleased to announce the release of Disk Alarm 1.1.2, adding the ability to not only check the boot volume / main disk but as well add any other Volume, also external volumes (USB, Firewire, ...) and even check your Time Machine Disk, or another computer. Disk alarm still alerts you, optionally with its sound, whenever any of the volumes reaches the space left you specified. The menu bar item now even allows to display the sum of the available free space.
* Add as many volume/hard drive as you want, Disk Alarm is now tracking more than just the boot volume
* Alert via E-mail using Mail, Mailplane, or Sparrow. This way the remaining space on your hard drive is sent securely with your own account, not going over any external server
* Add external (USB/FW/...) disks as well as Network Volumes, Time Capsule, etc.
* See the total free space among your volumes in your menu bar. Pick the ones you want to see as a total in the menu bar. You might also want to only see Disk Alarm's icon, if you only need to be alerted
* Rate & Tweet about Disk Alarm if you'd like (a.k.a. "Help us spread the love, or not")
* Optionally alerts with a sound, very useful when you are away from the computer screen
* Runs as an agent app, close the settings window and it will still alert you
* Check manually the space if you don't want to have it automatically
* Added (optionally) to your login items so it'll always run when the computer starts
* Ability to see set the checked space in percents instead of MB/GB
* Italian (new in 1.1.2)
* US English, Dutch, French, German and Spanish
* Our website is as available well in those 6 languages. Screenshots are as well available in all languages
* Besides Italian, Disk Alarm's developer can answer your questions in any of those languages
* Mac OS X Version 10.6.6 or higher
* Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
* Intel Mac
* 1.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Disk Alarm 1.1.2 is normally $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), but currently offered (for a limited time) at 50% of the price. Disk Alarm is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. Coupon Codes available for app review on request. We would also be very happy to organize a contest for your readers/listeners to win App Store Promo Codes. Screenshots are available as PSDs per request.
After having done contracting in iOS Development since the launch of the iPhone SDK back in 2008, Pomcast.biz finally launched its first Indie Mac App called Disk Alarm. This app, which should be the start of a series of Mac & iOS Apps, will monitor your hard drive and alert you whenever it reached a predefined (by you) free space. Copyright (C) 2011 Pomcast.biz. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.