January 21, 2010 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Herdecke, Germany - Today danholt4mac released an update of Calories 2 - the popular software for tracking your everyday nutrition- to V. 2.1. With this update of Calories 2 the wishes of many Calories users for an activities feature have been fulfilled. Now the calorie consumption by sports or other activities can be registered chronologically and will be recorded for the calorie balance. The new credit indicator always gives you a quick and brief overview if you can go for more or if you should to do some sports.
Users caring about their body and their health will be pleased by Calories 2's new options. Instead of joy-free calorie saving and eating less only, you will now get instantly an idea how sports and activity will equalize your net calorie balance easily - even beforehand.
Physical activity and calorie consumption depend on each other - this is a well known truth. With the new activity feature of Calories 2 this dependency becomes fascinatingly obvious to anybody and even hard boiled coach potatoes will be blown away from their sofas.
Since Calories 2 v.2.0 offered a gorgeous highlight by directly connecting to the brand new and outstanding Withings WiFi body scale, now this new giant leap release introducing the activities feature will make tech geeks happy again. If you use the Nike iPod kit or if you do your work out in a gym you will now be able to easily use the direct input option for burned calories.
New features and changes of Calories 2, an overview:
* Tracking activities and sports.
* Database with standard activities and their calorie consumption with recognition of the personal body profile
* Ability to add custom activities (Preferences).
* Direct input of burned calories- e.g., from Nike iPod kits, fitness machines etc.
* Graphic representation of tracked calories and burned calories as well as calculation and representation of the net balance.
* The new credit indicator gives you a quick overview if you can go for more or if you should do some sports first.
* Now serving specifications (portions) of foods from the standard database can be edited, without the need of copying that food entry
* Direct download link for additional food databases in the program Preferences (Food) added.
* Troubleshooting: Meals ordering is now correct in print layout.
Pricing and availability:
Single version (Download): 20,97 Euro (+ VAT if applicable). Family license (Download): 41,18 Euro (+ VAT if applicable). All previous users of Calories 1.x are authorized to buy an Upgrade (single version) for Calories 2 at the price of 8,32 Euro (+ VAT if applicable). Withings WiFi body scale can also be ordered at danholt4mac at 108.40 Euro (+shipping + VAT if applicable). Special price bundle: Withings WiFi-body scale plus boxed family-license of Calories 2 at the price of 133.61 Euro (+shippping + VAT if applicable). A 30 day-demo of the new Calories 2 is available.
Located in Herdecke, Germany, danholt4mac is a privately held company founded in 2001 by Daniel Holtwiesche. Leveraging their longtime experience in third party development and localization, danholt Consulting Services is a premier solutions provider utilizing the most modern techniques for the Mac platform. Localizations offered are for the English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese languages. Other services include graphics and DTP, computer aided design, CD/DVD publishing, productivity and business software. They are a distributor of some well known software firms and of their own software products like iStock and now, Calories. Copyright 2010 danholt4mac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.