February 25, 2010 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] Starnberg, Germany - algoriddim, a leader in next-generation music software for the Mac, today announced the release of djay 3.1, the latest version of its groundbreaking DJ software. With this update, which is free to existing users, djay now offers a range of new features, enhancements to existing tools and plug-and-play support for some of the most popular DJ controllers on the market. djay users can now achieve a more precise sound than ever before, while mixing music directly from their own iTunes libraries, whether they're at home or performing in front of a crowd.
Following its release in Fall 2009, djay 3 quickly built a reputation as one of the industry's most powerful, intuitive and entertaining DJing programs for the Mac. djay 3 delivers the tools users need to play live or create and record mixes, whether they're new to DJing or are seasoned professionals. The wholly unique features of djay include seamless iTunes integration, Drag & Drop mixing and Automatic Tempo & Beat Detection, making it a remarkable musical experience for users of any level.
With today's release of djay 3.1, users can apply a new set of features, including Auto-Saving cue points and automatically aligning cue points and precise beats with Quantized Cue Points. In addition, djay 3.1 includes keyboard shortcuts based on key position instead of letters, making djay's powerful shortcuts more accessible to international users. djay 3.1 also has the ability to integrate with some of the most popular available MIDI controllers.
"We've dramatically expanded djay's capabilities by offering new features and integration with existing hardware," said Karim Morsy, CEO of algoriddim. "djay is already known for its precision and ease of use, but with this update we wanted to bring the quality of the user's musical experience to a new level. Fans that prefer a real hands-on approach now have an amazing array of choices when using the program: the new djay Keyboard Cover; djay's dedicated controller, the Vestax Spin; and now some of the best controllers on the market. In addition, we've also boosted some of djay's popular tools that make it easier than ever to create perfect mixes."
djay 3.1's new and improved features include:
* Significant Improvements to Automatic Beat and Tempo Detection: Now utilizes a more robust analysis of all genres of music, including hip hop, electronic, funk and jazz
* Improvements to Auto-Sync: More seamlessly aligns both the tempo and rhythmic pace between songs
* Quantized Cue Points: Automatically aligns cue points precisely to the beats and onsets in a running track
* Native Plug-and-Play Support for New MIDI Controllers: Includes the DJ Console Rmx, DJ Control Steel, DJ Console Mk2 and DJ Control MP3 e2 by Hercules, Discover DJ by Ion, and the VCI-300
* Extended Shortcuts & Unified Keyboard Shortcuts for International Keyboards: Shortcuts are now based on key position rather than their assigned value, keeping the mapping consistent across all international keyboard layouts
* Auto-Saving: Cue points are saved automatically, enabling the user to worry less about finer details while they mix
Pricing and Availability:
For more information about djay 3.1, its newest features and compatible hardware and accessories, please visit the djay website. djay is available for purchase online and in Apple stores for $49.95 (USD) or EUR 39.95 (+VAT).
algoriddim is a Germany-based software company that specializes in next-generation Mac audio and multimedia applications. Its mission is to develop software that is accessible to the average consumer while offering the quality and power of professional tools. algoriddim consistently seeks out innovative methods for accommodating the needs of its customers. Its flagship music software, djay, is now serving a broad international audience of music lovers, professional DJs and world-class musicians. djay also exclusively powers the popular Vestax Spin controller currently available through Apple Stores. Copyright (C) 2010 algoriddim. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.