June 23, 2010 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Ghent, Belgium - Blue Crowbar Software today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of AppControls 1.0 for Macintosh. AppControls is a new professional tool for creating custom controls for use in iPhone, iPad or Mac applications and for use on the web. It combines ease-of-use with high-quality output of images and CSS code.
"The idea for AppControls comes from my own need for a professional tool that's flexible and can generate graphics that match the iOS or Mac environments that they're used in" said Steven Vandeweghe, founder of Blue Crowbar Software. "Designing custom buttons and other controls for applications can take a lot of time and the currently available tools often produce images that are difficult to tweak and that don't match the rendering quality of the platforms that they're created for. AppControls renders its text and images using Apple's Quartz technology, which means that the results perfectly match the look of Mac, iPhone, and iPad apps and at the same time look great in the modern web browsers that are standard on these devices."
* Creates buttons and other application controls with pixel-perfect precision
* Creates color gradients with up to 8 color-stops
* Text content is accurately rendered and can include an optional shadow
* Small images can be added to the controls
* Designs can be saved as a single image, 3-part image or 9-part image for automatic scaling
* CSS output can be generated for use in an external file or as an inline style element
* Generates custom CSS for WebKit and Mozilla
* Designs can be saved as Presets
* Up to 3 Presets can be combined in a single file for use as a rollover image for the web
* Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later
Pricing and Availability:
AppControls 1.0 is available immediately. A license for one user costs $29.90 (USD). Volume pricing is available and a free trial version of the software can be downloaded from the Blue Crowbar website.
Blue Crowbar Software is a small independent software company, founded in 2008 by Steven Vandeweghe and is located in Ghent, Belgium. Its focus is on building Mac OS X and iPhone applications for consumers and business. The company specializes in creating tools for graphic design and photography. Apple, Mac, iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.