360Works announces update for all Plug-ins
January 26, 2011 in FileMaker
[prMac.com] Atlanta, Georgia - 360Works, a leading FileMaker product developer and innovator, today is pleased to announce an update affecting all of their FileMaker plug-ins. This bug fix release is recommended for all users. Here is a list of what is fixed in this release, as well as recent updates:
For all plug-ins:
* Issue was resolved that was only allowing one plug-in at a time to load on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
* Logging is now consolidated to a single log file for all 360Works plug-ins. This should make it easier to report issues to 360Works, and will also significantly reduce the amount of disk space used when running multiple 360Works plug-ins on FileMaker Server
* Streaming uploads, so SafetyNet can upload extremely large files without running out of memory.
* SafetyNet has hit a usage milestone, and is now backing up more than 1 terabyte per month! If you are not currently doing off-site backups of FileMaker Server, getting set up only takes about 10 minutes!
* FileMaker XML clipboard manipulation now works correctly on Windows
* Now includes the latest version of Groovy (1.76)
* Security improvement - SQL statements are no longer written to ScriptMaster log file
* Scribe can now write images stored in container fields or SuperContainer into PDF forms
* Scribe can now extract text from Outlook .msg files
* Now supports reading .xlsx and .xls documents from a network URL
* Fixed a bug where documents read from a network URL were being cached instead of reloaded
* Better, more user-friendly error reporting
* Now supports tabs when extracting text, no longer double-spaces new paragraphs
* Numerous other bug fixes
* Now compatible with any Tomcat-managed security settings, allowing any sort of authentication such as NTLM, Active Directory, LDAP, etc.
* Fixed a bug where everything except for the file icon disappeared when reloading
* Better support for messages containing both inline and non-inline attachments
* Changed encoding setting for issuing FTP commands; should work with a broader set of FTP servers now
* Added function to get a list of the HTTP headers from the last request
Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing FileMaker-based solutions for more than a decade. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom FileMaker database design solutions for clients such as NASA, Bernard Hodes Group, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. FileMaker, and the FileMaker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of FileMaker Incorporated.