March 30, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] March 30th, 2007, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today released Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro 8.5 easy and powerful access to one or more of the computer's serial ports:
- Read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
- Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
- "Serial_Control" function to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering.
- The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports.
- Support for high speed connections up to 230 Kbps.
- Clear example databases to get started quickly.
Troi Serial Plug-in can be used whenever you need to send or receive ASCII data over a serial port. Suggested uses for Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.2 are connecting to a (Bluetooth) modem, custom switchboard dialing, caller ID, barcode reading, controlling external devices, data acquisition and data transfer. This plug-in is also very well suited for the use in electronic devices that send data to the computer continuously, like most electronic weighing scales. An example file for a weighing scale is included in the download.
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 3.0.2?
This is a maintenance release, and fixes a few bugs:
- (Windows) fixed a bug where opening COM ports with names COM5 or higher would result in an error.
- Fixed a bug in the Serial_DataWasReceived function, where it would return $$-50.
- Improved Barcode.fp7 example file.
We invite you to test drive this powerful plug-in and see what you can do with it!
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.2 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: .
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.2 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer 7 or by FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher (Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service pack 2).
Starting with this release we have reduced the price for the cross platform developer license. A cross platform developer license now cost US$ 999 (a $100 reduction).
More details on developer licenses can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
The update from version 3.0.x is free and works with the same registration string. Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform developer license are available from US$ 749. Product upgrades from an earlier single platform developer license cost US$ 899.
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins.