July 19, 2011 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Leiden, Netherlands - Getting packed for a trip is often one of the most stressful and time-consuming parts of travel, leading LuuX Software to create GetPacked, a helpful app for the iPhone and iPad designed to cut packing time in half. The company is also announcing a half-off discount on the app - starting today for a limited time, GetPacked is available for $0.99 in the App Store.
After answering a few questions about the upcoming trip, the GetPacked app creates a personalized packing list. The app only shows what matters to the user, such as diapers if traveling with a baby or ski gear for a trip to the mountains. The handy list is automatically organized into categories and is based on who the traveler is and where they are going. Users can check off items as they pack so they do not forget essentials such as medicine or their passport.
"You can enjoy your vacation more when you don't have to worry about forgetting to pack something important," said Lucas van Schaik, Founder of LuuX Software. "The app does the hard work and quickly creates a custom packing list for you."
GetPacked was designed to make packing easier for any kind of trip, large or small - vacations, road trips, cruises, weekend getaways, and more. In addition to making packing easier, GetPacked was created to help travelers save money on their trip. Users can avoid costly luggage fees from packing too many items they don't need. And, they avoid buying items on vacation that they forgot.
"It's the only app that makes it so easy to save you time, money, and headaches when you travel," Lucas van Schaik said.
Features of the GetPacked app include:
* Easy to use: Travelers answer a few questions and a customized packing list is automatically created based on their needs and travel destination.
* Complete packing list: Choose from over 600 items for a packing list, and add custom items too. Users can change how many of each item they want to bring.
* Remember important to-do's: The app also features a helpful to-do list, so travelers won't forget to renew their passport or get important vaccinations.
* Share lists: Users who are packing with a family or spouse can email, print (via AirPrint), or transfer packing lists to another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
* Designed for both iPhone and iPad: On the iPad, the app features a new, easy to use experience with a multi-column layout.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 4.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GetPacked 3.0.1 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Travel category. Starting today for a limited time, the app is available for the discounted price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request.
Based in the Netherlands, Luux Software specializes in creating mobile applications for the iPhone and iPad. They have created the apps GetPacked and ShowerTime, which are both available worldwide in the App Store. Copyright (C) 2011 LuuX Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.