AirBeam 1.3 realtime video surveillance for iOS now adds audio streaming
October 15, 2011 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Eurasburg, Germany - Appologics today is pleased to announce the release of AirBeam 1.3, a major feature update to their high quality iOS video surveillance solution. AirBeam is an universal app for iOS that streams video and with the update now also audio in amazing quality between any number of iDevices on a WiFi or 3G network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor.
AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations. AirBeam's new audio streaming comes with four different audio codecs. For example 44kHz PCM offers CD quality audio on a WiFi network while efficient AAC encoding provides low bit rates for audio surveillance over a 3G connection. Besides audio streaming, AirBeam 1.3 introduces many other new features:
* Audio detection: Similar to the already supported motion detection for video, audio detection can trigger alarms or recordings to produce a compact track containing only the relevant events of a surveillance session
* Torch control: When using an iPhone4 as camera device the built-in torch can be remotely turned on and off to illuminate the scene
* Stealth mode: For audio surveillance, the device can now be completely locked and the screen turned off so that it can't be noticed the surveillance is running
* Export to camera roll: Recordings can now be exported to the device's camera roll
* Recording to monitor device: Recordings can now be transferred in the background to the monitor device while running
* iOS5 compatibility
* Video capturing requires built-in camera (iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
* Audio capturing requires built-in microphone (iPhone 3, 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad, iPad2) or external microphone (iPod 3g)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal Application
* 3.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AirBeam 1.3 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
AppoLogics is an independent iOS development studio founded in 2010 by experienced iOS developer Heiko Straulino. AppoLogics mission is to create amazing mobile Internet applications, technically advanced with perfect usability at the same time. Copyright (C) 2011 AppoLogics. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.