April 26, 2007 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Markzware’s FlightCheck 6. The new version includes numerous advancements and is based directly on user feedback and feature requests. FlightCheck 6 has been created for printers, service bureaus, advertising agencies, graphic studios and publishers as a complete prepress and design quality assurance tool. Easy-to-use, affordable and detailed in it’s reporting capabilities, FlightCheck is for just about anyone who works with digital arts files for print.
Compatible with Adobe InDesign CS3 and QuarkXPress 7, FlightCheck addresses the top-ten prepress problems: missing fonts, incorrect traps, incorrectly specified colours, scans made in the wrong mode, improper page settings, unlinked graphics, inadequate bleeds, lack of a laser proof, missing graphics and image resolution. Using a simple drag-and-drop interface, FlightCheck Professional scans a wide variety of file types, including InDesign, QuarkXPress, Portable Document Formats (PDF), PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand, CorelDRAW and many more.
FlightCheck inspects a document using hundreds of available checks. It warns the operator about any potential problems that may reside in a digital file, including font and graphic incompatibilities. The application verifies critical file elements, such as colour space and resolution, assuring validity. After verification, FlightCheck Professional generates a detailed report, indicating whether the file has passed or failed the preflight tests and spells out specific problems that must be addressed to ensure that the file will travel onto the next stage of production without error or delay.
FlightCheck Professional features include:
• Stand-Alone application
• Refined Interface for PDF Preflighting
• Categories for potential problems
• Customisable rule sets to preflight PDF and non-PDF files (native files)
• Support for Third-Party Font Applications
• Customisable font and image paths
• Scans, reports and collects the entire job
• Removes guesswork identifying errors
• Verifies multiple documents in one session
• Preflights widest range of digital files
• Native applications are not required for preflight checks
• Provides feedback in report format to a user’s customers as needed
• Establishes quality control continuity
• Saves money by eliminating job reprints
• Optimises productivity and billable hours
• Keep presses running at peak capacity
New in FlightCheck® Professional version 6
• A refined interface, which allows for Auto-Flight Plan Switching. This means FlightCheck will switch the preflight checks — from PDF to QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign, etc. — based on the type of file opened in FlightCheck — no more manual switching is required
• Mac Intel or UB (Universal Binary) compatible
• QuarkXPress 7 support- FlightCheck v6 allows users to preflight QuarkXPress v7 documents from a single and central stand-alone application
• A special PDF object model allows access to virtually all intricate detail within a PDF file, based on the official Adobe specification. The latest PDF specification, version 1.6 is also supported
• PDF FlightPlans include PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/X PLUS (Ghent PDF Workgroup® settings)
• Third-Party Font Management System Support. FlightCheck v6 supports popular font manage-ment Tools, such as Extensis® Suitcase Fusion®, InSider Software® Font Agent Pro®, Linotype® FontExplorer® and Apple Font Book®
• Automatic Subfolder Creation When Collecting. This new version automatically creates fonts and image subfolders whenever collecting jobs for print
• Enhanced Font Searching. Users have the capability to setup customised font paths for prioritising the locations fonts should be searched in first
• OpenType fonts now “fully” supported as well as TrueType and Adobe Type 1 fonts
• Enhanced Image Searching. Users have the capability to setup customised image paths for prioritising the locations images should be searched for first. Additionally OPI detection for Color Central has been enhanced
FlightCheck technology is also available in two other forms — FlightCheck Designer, a ‘lite’ version of the leading preflight application for designers and document creators and FlightCheck Online for those that want to offer an online service to customers sending in digital files for print or design work.
FlightCheck Professional 6 as well as FlightCheck Designer and FlightCheck Online are available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is email@example.com.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site.