January 20, 2012 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, California - FmPro Migrator 6.46 Builds Scalable Servoy 6 Apps From Legacy Databases. FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Access and Visual FoxPro Developers can use FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 6.46 to quickly build scalable Servoy 6 applications from their legacy solutions.
Using the Servoy 6 file format significantly shortens the Servoy Eclipse IDE load time for converted applications. Furthermore, all of the new Servoy 6 features are immediately available for development of the converted application.
Additional enhancements and bug fixes with this release include:
* Servoy 4, 5, 6 File Formats - The new Servoy version menu enables Servoy developers to choose among the three most recent file format versions. Using the current file formt version reduces load times and eliminates the need for the Servoy Eclipse IDE to upgrade the file format the first time the project is loaded.
* Servoy Style Sheet Optimization - A new preference item enables style info to be automatically removed from each object of the generated Servoy project. Setting the Object Style menu to "None", removes font name, font size, color and style info for objects on each form. This feature enables the Servoy developer to quickly assign stylesheets to forms within the Servoy Eclipse IDE. Previously, it was necessary to manually remove style info from each object before assigning a style sheet to the form.
* Field Editable Property - The field editable property is now set automatically to match the original FileMaker Pro field behavior setting.
* Portals and Portal Fields - Improvements have been made to resolve missing portal fields embedded within nested Tab Panels. An issue with the truncation of portal relationship names has also been resolved.
* FmigScriptConversion.db3 Feature Restored - A pathname issue has been resolved with the FmigScriptConversion.db3 file which affected Servoy and FileMaker to Access conversions on MacOS X.
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for $400.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2012 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.